What is currently the best Replica Han Solo DL-44 Blaster to buy?

Zent

I remember back when the MR replica was considered the best, but I just can't find it for sale anywhere. In particular I want the Empire Strikes Back Dl-44 that Solo used. Seems like Etsy has gotten really popular and they have a bunch of different options. Though it seems most of them are 3d printed and I'd like to get something metal with a wooden handle if possible. Is there a specific model you guys recommend?

I second War Machine Paintball as the best option to build your replica DL44. FYI, here is the link to his new website:

blasterfactory.com ? what about warmachinepaintball.com ?

I saw this kit at warmachinepaintball.com and it looks pretty nice i think, wish i could see more pics of it fully assembled and they dont seem to have it at the blasterfactory.com

The same person owns both websites. It’s the same company and contact person.

Blaster Factory is the recently updated website. I believe the War Machine Paintball website is still functional. You’ll find the contact information on either website.

blasterfactory.com ? what about warmachinepaintball.com ?

I saw this kit at warmachinepaintball.com and it looks pretty nice i think, wish i could see more pics of it fully assembled and they dont seem to have it at the blasterfactory.com

Just so you know, that link is to purchase just the mount and scope setup, no base gun, flash hider, or greeblies.

I am Starting out with a "DENIX" Mauser Replica in Metal with Wood Grips Like how the REAL/HERO one was made!

Then I will add Metal Parts to complete it once the Mauser is in my hands!

"Blaster Factory" also has LOTS of great stuff! There are Entire "KITS" for the DENIX or "AIR SOFT" guns!

The "Air Soft" can be gotten in Plastic OR Metal and are cheaper then the DENIX! I was fortunante to snag a DENIX Mauser Replica for a GREAT PRICE! {Under $60.00!}

So that is where I will start! :)

Do any of the blaster factory kits come with the bluing and stuff already done? I'm looking for an ANH metal version but I don't have the skill or materials to do all that myself

WM also has an ebay store under the name vmusicstore. That's where I got my scope, mount, and cradle for my blaster build.
YEP! GOOD STUFF! HIGH QUALITY!

If You WANT "THE BEST"... Either "Fieldmarshall/Blaster Factory" or "Dark Energy Creations"
BUT...
There is ALSO "Todd's Costumes" as well!

Sooo I GUESS it's all about how Fussy/Accurate you want to be AND what Budget you are working with!

I JUST Porked out almost $300.00 for a VERY NICE ESB Darth Vader Lightsaber with Removable Blade and "FLASH ON CLASH"
And UBER-BRIGHT Blade Lighting!

Sooo with buying PRESENTS and purchasing my DENIX MAUSER and my "DROID CALLER KIT" and all
Until AFTER the Yule Holidays... I am SPENT!

LITERALLY!!! LOL

Joe

There are many options today when it comes to the DL-44. Especially compared to as recent as just a couple years ago. Night and day difference infact. I like to think I have played a role in moving that needle forward..

I appreciate the shoutout masterjedi322. All those places mentioned above from “FM to DEC to Todd’s” are all truly great. DEC are truly the OG in this DL-44 blaster world as they were the first to offer such kits. Years before anyone else did infact. But their kit being the OG is missing some details like the dovetail and the bull barrel needs to be modified for a denix (they do have a higher end kit that looks to be perfect but it’s not offered very often). From a nostalgia point of view and in this DL-44 blaster replica community, they are and will always be legendary.

For most beginner builders you will struggle with DEC bullbarrel though as it’s designed for an MGC/c96 and not a denix which is fatter than both of those. While Todd’s is the best if you simply just want to buy a full metal finished build and you don’t care about the denix inaccuracies. Not only is the denix unmodified but it’s also the version with the plastic grips (edit: I think he offers wood grips now?) which is a bit of a letdown honestly. I think he’s milled the extraction mark now so that definitely does help.

My own Dl-44 builds are very accurate in detail but are also built on a denix. Which can be highly modified as well to improve them. Including stamping. I do use 3d printed parts made from my own designs. I’ve spent endless hours perfecting them and the proof is in the pudding. I can’t name another that has created all the variances with all the correct details? My parts are industrial printed (meaning I use printers that cost a LOT and the parts are very detailed) for what it’s worth.

But regardless we have more options now than ever before which is amazingly awesome for us DL-44 lovers.

Pictured below from top to bottom, left to right each blaster in the order as they appeared onscreen in the OT..
ANH - GK, Hero
TESB - Hoth, Dagobah (stunt), Han Bespin, Luke Bespin
ROTJ - Endor, Stembridge
CAFB3936-C405-4984-8EA5-02402EDD9EAE.jpeg

Last edited:
There are many options today when it comes to the DL-44. Especially compared to as recent as just a couple years ago. Night and day difference infact.

While I do appreciate the shoutout masterjedi322 most won’t want my parts as they are not metal. They are extremely accurate in scale and design though, more so than most infact but just not metal. All those places mentioned above from “FM to DEC to Todd’s” are all truly great. I would say DEC is the most dated out of the 3 though. They are truly the OG in this DL-44 blaster world as they were the first to offer such kits. Years before anyone else did infact. But they also haven’t updated their kit at all since then and its missing some key details IMHO. From a nostalgia point of view and in this DL-44 blaster replica community, they are and will always be legendary.

For most beginner builders you will struggle with DEC bullbarrel though as it’s designed for an MGC/c96 and not a denix which is fatter than both of those. FM would be the easiest to work with as he has a slip fit bullbarrel plus an accurate off sent rail. Both of which were a great design ideas (wink, wink). While Todd’s is easily the best if you just want to buy a full metal finished build and you don’t care about the denix inaccuracies. Not only is the denix unmodified but it’s also the version with the plastic grips which is a bit of a letdown honestly. I think he’s milled the extraction mark now so that definitely does help.

But regardless we have more options now than ever before which is amazingly awesome for us DL-44 lovers.
Yes I agree... The DENIX DOES take more, "MODIFYING" but the one I JUST Purchased/Received is pretty decent AND it has the Wooden Grips as well! I've already begun the "PREP" Work on it. I've filed off ALL of the Casting seam lines, the "Firing Pin" and getting it all ready for the "Conversion Kit" which I haven't chosen yet?

What IS VERY NICE About the one I got is that the typical "DENIX DIAMOND" in NOT On the Left had side like older models have!

I wonder if they decided to OMIT this for accuracy AND for Us "PROP HEADS"?! LOL :D

So that WAS a nice added or NOT ADDED thing that I won't have to grind off!

I am REALLY Looking forward to this build! Also I have to do the Entire HOLSTER/BELT Assembly AND The Black Belt... And the PANTS, and JACKET and SHIRT! YIKES! LOL

But HEY It keeps me out of trouble I guess? :D But it DOES get me into "MONEY TROUBLE" with spending so I HAVE to be VERY Careful with THAT!

I want it "NOW" and HATE Having to wait for stuff! :D

OK... Now I KNOW Some of you MIGHT "Grouse" about this... But IF You want to do a Blaster on the "ECONOMY" Side...

Here is an "AIRSOFT" Mauser Pistol IN "METAL" for $21.00! It LOOKS VERY MUCH Like my DENIX... and If I weren't such a "REPLICA FREAK" I MIGHT Have bought THIS one as it seem pretty decent?

WW2 MAUSER BROOMHANDLE C96 GERMAN METAL AIRSOFT SPRING HAND GUN PISTOL w/ 6mm BB 675962941434 | eBay

So... I guess it all comes down to have something that Looks good or being "ON THE NUGGETS ACCURATE"?

Just thought I would put this out there? :D

Joe

Back in 2017, the “best” all metal replica I could find at the time was based on a Denix and between DEC and Todd’s. I ended up with Todd’s and was not disappointed but I knew ahead of time, the work needed to improve. I thoroughly enjoyed the build but if budget wasn’t and issue and if it was available then, I would have purchased the Fieldmarshall / Blaster Factory / War Machines steel DL44.

That said, this was always going to be a display piece for me so if you’re looking for something to troop with then these kits may not be best suited for you.

OK... Now I KNOW Some of you MIGHT "Grouse" about this... But IF You want to do a Blaster on the "ECONOMY" Side...

Here is an "AIRSOFT" Mauser Pistol IN "METAL" for $21.00! It LOOKS VERY MUCH Like my DENIX... and If I weren't such a "REPLICA FREAK" I MIGHT Have bought THIS one as it seem pretty decent?

WW2 MAUSER BROOMHANDLE C96 GERMAN METAL AIRSOFT SPRING HAND GUN PISTOL w/ 6mm BB 675962941434 | eBay

So... I guess it all comes down to have something that Looks good or being "ON THE NUGGETS ACCURATE"?

Just thought I would put this out there? :D

Joe
I guess it all depends on what you want to accomplish and only you can answer that. IMHO that looks nothing like a Denix but then again I wouldn’t be cross shopping against that if I was looking for a replica.

An alternative would be this airsoft model from evike. At $250, it’s not $20 cheap but not also $500-$900 for a hobby / enthusiast grade replica and has the advantage of being functional if that’s your thing.

I just sent an order in for this a few days back, how does this stack up? I’m not looking for a perfect replica by any means, just something that I feel is a worthy representation and this one seems like a great one for it.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back