What Does Belloq Drink in the Marhala Bar in Raiders?

VonMagnum what do you thing about this shot glass?
Thank you

SHOTGLASS1.jpg
SHOTGLASS2.jpg
SHOTGLASS3.jpg
SHOTGLASS4.jpg

VonMagnum what do you thing about this shot glass?

I think that glass looks very much like the set I bought on Etsy from a seller in Scotland that turned out to not be the correct set of glasses. Correct me if I'm wrong, but do those have 8 sets of facets around the glass? That's what the set I bought had (wasn't so easy to count looking at it with refraction/reflections and having little experience with recognizing such things at the time). It should be 16 facets.

They were nice glasses. I put them into use in my bar setup, but I didn't like that she was advertising them as the Raiders glasses when the facet number was wrong. I said so in my review on there and she got mad because I didn't contact her first (like I was going to return them to Scotland). I said they were nice glasses in my review, but passing them off as the shot glasses from the movie when they are so obviously incorrect irritated me. They weren't terribly expensive by themselves, but the shipping really increased it (shipping is BAD from Europe without an Ebay discount and even then it's STILL bad; I know as I've bought a LOT of import materials from Europe in the past year.

The government probably thinks I'm up to something as I got a LOT of packages directly from around 10 different countries including Russia, Morocco and China between movie props and collecting vintage lighters in general. :D (I think the others were The UK, France, Spain, Italy, Germany, Japan and Canada). I might be forgetting some, though. I suppose China is pretty normal in that so much is made there now, but it's usually indirect, not talking to actual sellers online and getting packages direct. ;)

Here's some pictures of the set from Scotland I bought:

Raiders Shot Glass Closeup S.jpg

Raiders Shot Glasses Upside Down S.jpg

Here's the correct glass sitting in front of my 1/6 scale ark (you can see how there's twice as many facets than above):

ArkSideShotGlass S.jpg

Comparison of the glasses (Movie, Mine Correct, Mine Incorrect):

ShotGlass Compare Movie_Ebay_Etsy.jpg

Thank you
Yes, they don't have 16 facets… - but they were really cheap so no problem
I'll keep looking for the correct ones

eBay usually has them.... Just a quick look and here's a couple I believe are correct offhand:

Only one glass, but only $3.50

Two for $15:

Thanks mate
Yes, I know (and at great prices). The problem is they (these ones and others) are all in the US and for several reasons I stoped buying things from the States (so I'll keep looking in Europe…)
Thank you

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back