What do people wear under latex skins?

Elkman

Sr Member
I'm talking with a guy here who's planning on buying some latex skins to make a Predator suit. He was thinking about mounting the skins to a wetsuit, since he's familiar with using that method for other costume pieces (like Batman suits).

Do people do this with latex Predator skins? I'm not sure if this would really work, especially since the wetsuit would stretch while the latex wouldn't. I never researched the answer to this, though, since I made my suit using the Mr. Incredible suit method. If people don't mount skins onto a wetsuit, then how do they keep everything in place? How do you keep the pants from falling down or the sleeves from falling off?

I use a lycra under suit to aid getting it all on, legs held up with braces and the arms are clipped on with 1" webbing and side buckles :D

I would not uyse a wetsuit even in the moderate UK temps, a latex suit does not need any more help to make you sweat hehe.

personally ( althoguh others may differ ) i use lycra full length jogging leggins/trouser things, and a long sleeved rash vest. that way you do not stick to the latex, yet the clothing is light and not tooooo hot.

I have 2 inch wide indutrial velcro on my pred leg skins and pred torso, seems to hold everything together well :D

I am sure you will find many different ways of doing this. :)

Under Armor Heat gear is what I wear ...meant for running in high heat conditions ..dries fast and keeps the body relatively cooler. as for keeping the skins in place ..braces or suspenders for the bottoms ( like fishing wadders) ..my top is pretty well foamed and the arms are part of the sculpt so everything pretty much stays in place

I have Under Amour for my top and I've yet to get the pants, I just have shorts.

You know, that they have turned wetsuits into suits using the Mr. I method too.

My arms will be velcroed to the torso with the 2" inch stuff as well(I haven't done it yet). My pants are held up by Home Depot suspenders. I have pics in my build thread.

Back to the original question..here is the initial problem. One: the wetsuit is just gonna make it even more unbearably hot as Lee pointed out. Two ..most batsuit are cast out of Urethane rubber ..a formula that differs then the latex used in most pred suits. Latex is something that will break down given time ..it is accelerated by human sweat ( oils from skin). If you mount a latex suit to a unitard, you will never be able to properly clean the latex, protecting it from damaging sweat ( in fact it will stay in contact with sweat even longer) Remember to powder the inside of those Mr I suits after every wear ( baby powder) to remove excess moisture and help give that suit some extra longevity

Sorry guy's but I worn skins made on a wetsuit and "normal" latex skins and...

Yes, it's warmer but not unbearably and the wetsuit absorbs your sweat. In a latex skin you can feel the sweat/water running down your back.
And, easy to put on.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back