What can I make with this?? I am at a loss!!

Moviefreak

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So I have a few of these items I bought at a store that was going out of business. I bought four of them, and four smaller sized ones. I don't know why I bought them, I just knew they could be used for something...the only problem is figuring out what!! :confused

Any suggestions??

The size of it is: 13" high by 12" wide.
It is solid acrylic and very nice unscratched condition as it was covered in original sticky paper.

View attachment 55595

View attachment 55596

I did consider using one for a nice Superman Crystal display.

I would add an etched or chrome "S" symbol on the front, add two pegs to the bottom holes to set the crystal on, and BAM!! an instant display piece.

Maybe even add a green LED strip at the underside/bottom to illuminate the whole piece from the inside?

I put together this crude representation for you to see my idea... I apologize for the rough quality of the work as it was just thrown together in a few minutes to convey my idea.

View attachment 55597

Are there holes in the main body? it looks like there are 4, one near each corner??

Are there holes in the main body? it looks like there are 4, one near each corner??

Yes, there are four holes. I could use tthe bottom ones to put peg knobs in. Or.... this could be taken off the stand and secured to a wall through the holes. Who knows, :lol

Yes, there are four holes. I could use tthe bottom ones to put peg knobs in. Or.... this could be taken off the stand and secured to a wall through the holes. Who knows, :lol

they look fantastic, but i'm at a loss too though. I've lots of bit in storage that were bought on impulse in the hope i'd find a use for them.

I like the Superman idea.

You also might cut one up into Dune crysknives - sanding them until they're barely translucent.

At my first professional model making job we built a 20' Atlas rocket, and a 6" thick acrylic cradle for it.

We received three 4'x10'x6" custom cast acrylic sheets to make the cradle.

For the remaining 17 years I worked for that company, I used bit and pieces of the cut-offs from those. 6" thick acrylic doesn't fall out of the trees after all.

Always hang onto to the oddball stuff. You'll use it one day.

Problem is if you do something you really like, you can't duplicate it.

add some thin paint to it to look like a keypad and set it next to your front door, like an airlock interface. you can make a hollow slit in the lower portion to insert a keycard. or turn it sideways and make a slit going fron top to bottom on the thin portion so its like a card reader. then add blue leds and you got somethin outta stargate. maybe an atlantean design.

i like the idea of a superman plaque, and also the lightsaber thing too.

It has a good presence as a Superman piece. It Isa nice crystal looking item. I will use one as that for sure. The others I am taking these suggestions. I will let you know if I choose to sell any.

At my first professional model making job we built a 20' Atlas rocket, and a 6" thick acrylic cradle for it.

We received three 4'x10'x6" custom cast acrylic sheets to make the cradle.

For the remaining 17 years I worked for that company, I used bit and pieces of the cut-offs from those. 6" thick acrylic doesn't fall out of the trees after all.

Always hang onto to the oddball stuff. You'll use it one day.

Problem is if you do something you really like, you can't duplicate it.

That is good advice. These are all the same shape, so duplicates won't be a problem. So...... If I make three more Superman plaques, would there be interest? :lol

Back