IAmJ

I'm trying to figure out which camera this is. I know it's some sort of camcorder but I'm trying to find the *exact* kind. Heath ledger used this one for the Jokers personal videos during the dark knight

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210826-225741_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210826-225741_Gallery.jpg
    357.5 KB · Views: 406
Its really hard to tell from the picture, and with SO many video cameras out there, very hard to guess.
It is silver like the cameras I have, but is still a bit different. Closest to the top one, a Sony TRV-900.
Guessing that they filmed it sometime in 2007, it would most likely be a camera that uses mini DV tapes.

20210827_171231.jpg

Its really hard to tell from the picture, and with SO many video cameras out there, very hard to guess.
It is silver like the cameras I have, but is still a bit different. Closest to the top one, a Sony TRV-900.
Guessing that they filmed it sometime in 2007, it would most likely be a camera that uses mini DV tapes.

View attachment 1488760
Thank you so much, I have no idea about cameras but I'm a huge joker fan and I'd love to have what was used and your information was very helpful, I'll look into it and see around that type of camera and such. But yeah it was filmed sometime in 2007, it was released in July 2008

Thank you so much, I have no idea about cameras but I'm a huge joker fan and I'd love to have what was used and your information was very helpful, I'll look into it and see around that type of camera and such. But yeah it was filmed sometime in 2007, it was released in July 2008
There is also a chance that it could be an older camera that would be Hi8. But, like my left camera, it doesn't have the side pop out screen, the one on the right is Hi8 but does have the screen.
So that IS something to look for with a 2007 camera or older, popout screen, and that it looks silver from the screen shot.
Check other brands and you might be able to narrow it down a little.

There is also a chance that it could be an older camera that would be Hi8. But, like my left camera, it doesn't have the side pop out screen, the one on the right is Hi8 but does have the screen.
So that IS something to look for with a 2007 camera or older, popout screen, and that it looks silver from the screen shot.
Check other brands and you might be able to narrow it down a little.
I'll try my best, I've been searching for a little over a year now and so far had no lucky so far lol

Being curious now, and looking at what I can as well. I do see there is plenty of pictures of Heath Ledger using different types of cameras, one of him with a Sony camera that is similar (pictured), but not the one you are looking for. I wonder if that was one of his cameras, or just one the prop department picked up.
I've not actually watched the Dark Knight in a very long time. Is that scene with the guy hanging from the movie or just behind the scenes?
Is there any actual video of him holding that camera?

camera.jpg

Being curious now, and looking at what I can as well. I do see there is plenty of pictures of Heath Ledger using different types of cameras, one of him with a Sony camera that is similar (pictured), but not the one you are looking for. I wonder if that was one of his cameras, or just one the prop department picked up.
I've not actually watched the Dark Knight in a very long time. Is that scene with the guy hanging from the movie or just behind the scenes?
Is there any actual video of him holding that camera?

View attachment 1488785
There's two scenes. The Joker holding the camera. One is joker recording a batman wannabe in a chair and one is the one pictured but we only see it through the lens. If you want, go on YouTube and search every heath joker scene. The video is like 45 minutes long, just scroll through and look for camera looking footage and you'll see it. That's why this photo is a big deal to fans cause we never saw the behind the scenes to this. In the first recording, nolan the director was there but saw heath taking action and making it *his* scene. So nolan trusted heath and let heath take complete control of the second video while nolan went on vacation. Heath ledger was a HUGE camera guy. Always recording a video for himself or for his daughter. All over YouTube as well.

So making sure I understood it right, that the camera hes holding doesn't show in the movie, only the footage that he shot with it.

Yes that is correct
Ok, so in looking more at it, and at cameras from 2007, it closely resembles a Sony DCR-HC96 and has an extra lens. Probably wide angle.
Leading up to the main lens looks like it has more of a curve/lip on the one hes holding, but it might just be the angle.
See what you think.

camera2.jpg

Ok, so in looking more at it, and at cameras from 2007, it closely resembles a Sony DCR-HC96 and has an extra lens. Probably wide angle.
Leading up to the main lens looks like it has more of a curve/lip on the one hes holding, but it might just be the angle.
See what you think.

View attachment 1488787
I can for sure see the similarities. If it's not it, it is VERY close. And it could be the angle or just me not knowing about Cameras enough but I do feel like I can spot some differences. But besides that one, it's pretty much it. Thats why I'm thinking it's just my lack of knowledge on this subject

Attachments

• PicsArt_08-28-12.21.49.jpg
    PicsArt_08-28-12.21.49.jpg
    678.7 KB · Views: 162
Looking at it more, he was using a more basic camera than that one.
Yeah probably. He understood his joker wouldn't have anything super high tech at the time. Especially at the time of the movie. So I can definitely see him using an older camera. But it really does look very similar

This one is even more close, a Sony DCR-HC26. But, while hard to tell, does not look like the 3 buttons under the fingers are there, or the 3 at the end of the LCD screen.
It does appear to be in the Sony HC series line of cameras. Its then going through each one Sony made from their HC series and trying to pin point which one, and then to be even more accurate, which lens is attached on the front (which might be even harder to figure out).

camera3.jpg

Looking at it more, he was using a more basic camera than that one.
Yeah probably. He understood his joker wouldn't have anything super high tech at the time. Especially at the time of the movie. So I can definitely see him using an older camera. But it really does look very
This one is even more close, a Sony DCR-HC26. But, while hard to tell, does not look like the 3 buttons under the fingers are there, or the 3 at the end of the LCD screen.
It does appear to be in the Sony HC series line of cameras. Its then going through each one Sony made from their HC series and trying to pin point which one, and then to be even more accurate, which lens is attached on the front (which might be even harder to figure out).

View attachment 1488789
Yeah that one is even closer. I'm looking as well at the moment. It's crazy how hard it is to find. I appreciate the help. I really needed the help

Yeah probably. He understood his joker wouldn't have anything super high tech at the time. Especially at the time of the movie. So I can definitely see him using an older camera. But it really does look very

Yeah that one is even closer. I'm looking as well at the moment. It's crazy how hard it is to find. I appreciate the help. I really needed the help
Of course, love to be able to help, and I have gone through a bunch of cameras over the years.
I took this in January 2019, since then, have bought 2 more HD cameras that don't need tapes to record. (These were all older SD ones)
I honestly DO NOT miss having to use tapes.

Tapes.jpg

Of course, love to be able to help, and I have gone through a bunch of cameras over the years.
I took this in January 2019, since then, have bought 2 more HD cameras that don't need tapes to record. (These were all older SD ones)
I honestly DO NOT miss having to use tapes.

View attachment 1488790
I never had to use tapes for any kind of camera cause I never really cared for a camera until now but I did use tapes for other things. I only recently got into it and wanting this camera is because, on Instagram I own @ClwnPrinceOfCrime and I'm trying to remake photos that joker made during the promotional event during the dark knight. And one day, I wanna make videos like his. Some will be on cameras, ones that are more important. Then just random ones will be on a older phone. I'm even trying to learn how to edit like he edited the dork knight trailer that's on YouTube. So this is a big passion project and means a lot to me and I wanna master everything. But I need the camera to do the bigger things right. I wanna bring that world into ours once again like the promotional event did. But besides this, it's not my thing lol.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back