What? A 'vintage' replica Graflex Luke saber?

Bradleyfett

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Had to share this gem-

Even though I own several actual Graflex 3-cell sabers and raw units, plus other replicas of Lukes ANH and ESB sabers, I still have an affection for this thing. Its an 80s-era replica made by Marco Ent with the original instructions and, allen wrench and belt clip. This thing is replete with inaccuracies and has a couple silly-looking momentary switches that activate sounds and lights, but I still love it. Its fully metal and not a bad attempt for the era in which there was no internet and little in the way of picture reference. I actually own two of these- the one pictured here as well as one I converted into a walking stick that I've taken on several hiking trips including remote parts of Colorado. The ultimate test of its 'close enough-ness' is that everyone on the trails who sees the walking stick still knows exactly what it is and gets a kick out of it.

Attachments

• marco saber.jpg
    marco saber.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 206
That's AWESOME. The older I get the more I appreciate the early fan-made replicas. I remember seeing a very similar replica up at Starland in Denver waaaaay back when and lusting after it. I never bought one deciding instead to make my own -- which took a very long time, lol.

Cheers!

Oh man! A blast from the past! I remember seeing these and a couple other early replicas, as well as Icons, in Starlog and Fangoria, I think in the mid 90’s...as much as I love having a real graflex, there’s another level of nostalgia when I see that.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back