Wh1plash's E-11 Blaster build

wh1plash

I know I'm certainly not the first one by a long shot to do an E-11 build, but I like to document the process with pics, and though you guys might like to see. I just moved to Texas from Florida, so my TK build has been on hold for a month or two. Got my garage all set up again, so looking forward to finishing it up.

Started with a DoopyDoos resin kit that I got from Mike at Trooperbay.com:
IMG_2052.jpg

Some Zap-A-Gap goes a long way to ripping this thing out quick. Just cleaning up the casting with some sandpaper as I go.
IMG_2132.jpg

The glue hardened like instantaneously when I was about to fit the magwell, so I'm kind of annoyed its not exactly horizontal. Still, should be fine for trooping. Actually maybe a bit less annoying too, since its rotated out of the way of where your support hand will be.
IMG_2133.jpg

Now comes the fun part. Got some aluminum bar stock from Home Depot and began working on the scope rail and counter bracket. I only have a Dremel, hacksaw, and file, but it still came out pretty well. Again, it'll be used mainly for trooping.

IMG_2155.jpg

IMG_2157.jpg

IMG_2158.jpg

IMG_2159.jpg

IMG_2162.jpg

Getting pretty happy with the fitment:

IMG_2164.jpg

IMG_2165.jpg

IMG_2166.jpg

Filing it down to be smooth with round corners:

IMG_2167.jpg

The screws I got were a little on the thick side, but should be fine. Just means the alignment here needs to be spot-on.

IMG_2168.jpg

Now we start on the counter bracket.

IMG_2171.jpg

IMG_2172.jpg

IMG_2169.jpg

I'll take that! Started hitting everything with primer also.

IMG_2174.jpg

IMG_2175.jpg

IMG_2176.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_2179.jpg

and starting to hit everything with the black paint too. Left it hanging to dry for the night.

IMG_2180.jpg

Thanks so much for posting this thread. I've had my eye on a Doopy's kit for a while and I could never get a clear picture of what they looked like up close. I built an E-11 for display purposes seen here. It's very heavy and, while solid, I wouldn't want to troop with it. I just ordered my Avovos armor and I want a lighter blaster to go with it. Keep posting!

Just realized I never posted my last couple of pics with the weathering. It's just silver paint dabbed on/off with a paper towl on what I figured would be the "high wear" edges.

IMG_2200.jpg

IMG_2205.jpg

IMG_2206.jpg

IMG_2202.jpg

IMG_2409.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back