Announcement Welcome to the RPF's Forum Upgrade Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we please have the option to delete Alerts that have already been viewed?
yXPvXqT.jpg

Art, It opens up the overlay at the top of the page and the screen goes black and you have to go to the top of the page to see the pic and cancel it out to get the the regular screen back otherwise it is just blacked out

Art, It opens up the overlay at the top of the page and the screen goes black and you have to go to the top of the page to see the pic and cancel it out to get the the regular screen back otherwise it is just blacked out

That is really odd. Let me see if I can replicate that.
When I open it in Chrome is just pops up normally. You are using Firefox, correct?

^ that I understand...

I get revenue.
I even get the ads (all over the place)... :)

I'm not sure where coy or subtle comes into play (I didnt mention that).. in fact I would call the exact opposite. Obtrusive and clearly making a point.

(want to have a good user experience on this site.... you need to pay)

I guess I dont see the need to inject them in our posts? (I'm not talking at the end of our posts either)...but breaking up content/sentences. They are above, to the side, bottom, below posts, at the end of posts, in between posts...etc..etc...... There are PLENTY of ads everywhere else. Why this one?

I dont understand why that is being forced on desktop users either? Seems like a big focal point here is for mobile.
So again.. making the user experience unbearable in 'push' towards premium memberships seems VERY un-friendly.
They now seem to be *crammed down our throats. :( (makes me sad) LOL

* That is the only way I can describe ads being injected in the middle of sentences/posts.

Show me an injected ad.

^ that I understand...

I get revenue.
I even get the ads (all over the place)... :)

I'm not sure where coy or subtle comes into play (I didnt mention that).. in fact I would call the exact opposite. Obtrusive and clearly making a point.

(want to have a good user experience on this site.... you need to pay)

I guess I dont see the need to inject them in our posts? (I'm not talking at the end of our posts either)...but breaking up content/sentences. They are above, to the side, bottom, below posts, at the end of posts, in between posts...etc..etc...... There are PLENTY of ads everywhere else. Why this one?

I dont understand why that is being forced on desktop users either? Seems like a big focal point here is for mobile.
So again.. making the user experience unbearable in 'push' towards premium memberships seems VERY un-friendly.
They now seem to be *crammed down our throats. :( (makes me sad) LOL

* That is the only way I can describe ads being injected in the middle of sentences/posts.

Is it an older model? Asking because that footprint is super small and I am not sure we can get around it. As the site scales down, elements drop away until almost none are left. At the size you posted... it is as small as the site gets. I am not sure we can get around it.

There were MANY today when I first came checking things out..

Was the setting change for desktop users now?

Because this FOR SURE a post that had ads injected into it:

Want to Buy - Looking for manual and CNC machinist for one-off jobs

It was breaking up kurtyboy's first sentence: :)

"preferably UK. I always require the odd few parts machined. Some manually, some may require CNC."

With an image/add in the middle.. moving the remaining text after it. (along with the top one, the one at the bottom of his post, and the bottom of page)..

There were at least 3 others I saw today as well.. but this one is the one that stood out to me.

Setting change?
Glitch? (in multiple threads?)

Also, as an FYI.. I have an Android based phone (HTC), and the 'inbox' (responsive layout) looks fine/normal (like your 6s)

Perhaps if you weren't spending so much time telling us how we are trying to wring every penny out of people you would have noticed it earlier...

There were MANY today when I first came checking things out..

Was the setting change for desktop users now?

Because this FOR SURE a post that had ads injected into it:

Want to Buy - Looking for manual and CNC machinist for one-off jobs

It was breaking up kurtyboy's first sentence: :)

"preferably UK. I always require the odd few parts machined. Some manually, some may require CNC."

With an image/add in the middle.. moving the remaining text after it. (along with the top one, the one at the bottom of his post, and the bottom of page)..

There were at least 3 others I saw today as well.. but this one is the one that stood out to me.

Setting change?
Glitch? (in multiple threads?)

There is no option for you to remove them. We could shorten the time even further for them to stay in place once viewed. It is currently at 4 hours.
The 4 hour window for the droplist is an issue in itself. Alerts should remain visible only until they've been viewed.
But the issue I was pointing out before is the Alerts page itself. The Alerts therein remain forever, and I don't understand why. I've got a bunch of alerts from yesterday. It's 2 pages long now, and I don't need any of them after I've viewed them.

Perhaps if you weren't spending so much time telling us how we are trying to wring every penny out of people you would have noticed it earlier...

Unfortunate you feel that you feel that way. But what was I to notice?

That you changed a setting? After you directly said you were NOT doing so for desktop, and that I was correct in the previous statement?

Anyways.. looks like others has found it as well.

(the below post/response)..
pretty unfair. Considering it was you who said it was not going to be removed (mobile only you stated) (so why would I or anyone else think it was gone?) We were asking WHY.. and giving feedback that it was not user friendly nor liked by the majority of people here. Instead of defending it, you could have simple said it was removed. (and not act like we dont know what were talking about when a coy/subtle change was made without anyone knowing and you stating the opposite)

Last edited:
The 4 hour window for the droplist is an issue in itself. Alerts should remain visible only until they've been viewed.
But the issue I was pointing out before is the Alerts page itself. The Alerts therein remain forever, and I don't understand why. I've got a bunch of alerts from yesterday. It's 2 pages long now, and I don't need any of them after I've viewed them.

There is no option for members remove alerts from the alerts page. Like the alerts pop-up they do drop off after time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back