Announcement Welcome to the RPF's Forum Upgrade Support Thread

Discussion in 'Site Support & News' started by Art Andrews, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Indy Magnoli

Indy Magnoli Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Just noticed something out of whack:

In the Project Runs forum, I get the following message "(You have insufficient privileges to post here.)"

2. Apollo

Apollo Legendary Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Wow thanks for confirming what the better half always tells me, I have small feet and a big mouth! ;)

Seriously though, deeply honored!

Bengrim09 likes this.
  3. Indy Magnoli

...I should add that I AM able to reply to existing threads in the Project Runs forum, I just can't start a new thread at the moment.

4. Moviefreak

Moviefreak Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

More than a few have had that problem, but Art is pretty swift in taking care of it.

Indy Magnoli likes this.
  5. Indy Magnoli

6. whoever

whoever Well-Known Member

Is there no longer a limit on "conversations"?

7. Art Andrews

Art Andrews Community Owner Community Staff

You should be squared away.

Indy Magnoli likes this.
  8. teecrooz

teecrooz Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Today I noticed that members who were banned no longer display banned under their usernames. I did see the ‘Gone but not forgotten” banner, so thought I’d bring it to your attention.

9. Art Andrews

We do still have to rework to look of banned members. It is on the punch list.

teecrooz likes this.
  10. Bengrim09

Bengrim09 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Why won’t my pictures load and take ages to down load
    Please tell me what to do
    I’ve clicked on the pic logo
    Clicked on upload a file
    Added a photo
    Loaded 100%
    Error not loaded

It’s all sorted now they are loading, it’s fixed itself
    And I love the new size pics

Last edited: Nov 22, 2018
    Art Andrews likes this.
  11. Mad Monkey

Mad Monkey Well-Known Member

do the alerts only stay active for so long? if so can i suggest like a 12/24hr timeline, i use that alert icon to show me new posts on threads im following etc, and if i dont see the notice i move on, ive missed a bunch of information because of disappearing alerts

12. Michael Bergeron

Michael Bergeron Legendary Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Is it bad that the only thing I'm really taking from this is I can now be tagged? Lol

Art Andrews likes this.
  13. Sano

Sano Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Hey there:)
    I purchased premium membership literally a week or 2 before the host change. It seems that I lost the membership. Can you take a look at it?
    All the best
    Dino

14. Art Andrews

Will get you squared away today! Sorry for the inconvenience.

15. Sano

Sano Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

No worries, thank you for your effort! :)

16. Art Andrews

Yes! Deducting 100 points!

Michael Bergeron likes this.
  17. Art Andrews

This is a "can't please all the people all the time" issue. Earlier in this thread, someone was complaining about Alerts lasting too long! Unviewed alerts should be retained indefinitely. Viewed alters are retained for 7 days in your alerts list. Viewed alerts are retained for 4 hours in your Alters popup.

xl97 and Mad Monkey like this.
  18. Rik1138

Rik1138 Sr Member

One thing I miss on this forum (and all forums I'm on that have switched to XenForo) is the ease of marking a forum as 'Read'.
    You now click on 'Mark Forums Read' (which takes an extra step to even find on mobile...) and a popup appears asking you to confirm you meant to press that, and asking if I want to mark this sub forum, or the entire forum as read.

Just curious, even if you guys don't want to do it, is there a way to make it a simple 'clicked and it's done, for the sub-forum I'm viewing' like the old forum software? Seems weird that XenForo made this simple, and heavily used task, so much more complicated...

Also, when on the main forum screen, double-clicking the little icons next to a sub forum used to mark it as 'Read'. Is there a way to do that in XenForo? (Again, even if you don't want to on the RPF, that I understand, just curious if it's even an option to set that up like other forum software...)

Fortunately I've gotten used to it due to other forums switching over, so I can live with it... :)

19. Art Andrews

There is a way to add the double-click to mark forums read... but not in this version of the software. We are actually one version behind on the software. Now that we are almost entirely done with the change over, we are testing for the next upgrade and once that is complete, we can potentially add that functionality in.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2018
    Mad Monkey likes this.
  20. Art Andrews

Another significant move last night on the server side. Should see greater stability and even faster load times!

xcelsior and masterjedi322 like this.
  21. Mad Monkey

Mad Monkey Well-Known Member

seems good today!

Art Andrews likes this.
  22. The Searcher

The Searcher Well-Known Member

Here’s a particularly intersecting glitch I just found:
    10A58CC5-6741-40F1-8074-7A617B9D969C.jpeg

23. xl97

xl97 Sr Member

Whats the glitch? Placement? (I dont see the ad in context? where was it placed?)

or are you referring to the 'old' dates for the 'sale'?

24. Moviefreak

Or that his screen shot says it was taken on September 13, 2018? :D

25. azheat01

azheat01 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I apologize if this has been asked, but on the old forum when I went to my threads list, any thread that had a new response would show the thread title in bold, so you new it had something new. I’m not seeing that here, is there something similar that will indicate when looking at my threads ones that have an unread new post?

26. Jintosh

Jintosh Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

If you click at the top on "watched threads", it will ONLY show your watched threads with new posts. Once you click and read them, they disappear off the list.
    If you mean clicking on "Replica Props" and showing the threads, then yes, the new ones are in bold blue, and the old ones are in non-bold blue. I have already mentioned this one, that it's not pronounced enough, and was told they might address it in the future.

27. Jintosh

Jintosh Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

This is the old chart.....what is the new chart ? Or where is it so I can visit it ?
    I have over 2000, but am not a Master Member, so I assume the chart has changed.
    Thank you.

28. azheat01

EDIT - Accidental Duplicate Post

29. azheat01

I think we may be talking about two different things. I don't have any watched threads, I don't use that function and never watch threads. I was referring to the old forum when I clicked on "Find all threads by azheat01", I would see a list of all MY started threads, and the ones that had new posts were all in bold. Made it easier to see which threads had new responses. Here I click on "Find all threads by azheat01", and it brings them all up, but the threads that have new responses aren't bold, so I have no idea. I don't want to have to start at the top and go through ALL my threads to see which ones have new responses. Unless someone quotes my post and I get an alert, I won't know without actually going to that thread.

30. Art Andrews

New Member 0-49

Jr Member 50 - 99

Member 100-199

Active Member 200-499

Well-Known Member 500-999

Sr Member 1000-2499

Master Member 2500-4999

Legendary Member 5000+

31. Art Andrews

Well.... that took a lot longer than expected... but we got the old gallery over! WHOHOO! This was the last major component that needed to be imported. It is a bit of a mess and needs some work, but the data is here and that is what matters. Still got cleanup to do and a lot of little tweaks, but I am pretty happy to have this step done!

The only remaining element that we haven't pulled over is the seller reputation. That is still a ways out unfortunately. It is out of my hands for now, but we will get there!

gedmac66 likes this.
  32. The Searcher

It’s how the ad embedded itself into the attachment slot. Here’s another one that completely covered up Funky’s post, making it unreadable until I refreshed the page:
    7E51C322-526C-4B2F-A7B4-5A73E30EF58B.jpeg
    Sorry if I’m bothering people by posting these, but I thought it was worth showing how ads embed themselves just about anywhere.

gedmac66 likes this.
  33. xl97

xl97 Sr Member

I dont see the URL in the screenshot... are you on the https url?

The first screenshot had an odd sate on it.. like before the move? or any tweaks were done?

Is there a link to that thread? I will turn off my CSS styles and see if they inject or show for me as well..

34. The Searcher

35. azheat01

OK, I swear I searched for this, but haven't found the answer. Do I have to host my images outside the RPF now to post them in my thread? It use to be you clicked in the picture icon, selected the image from your computer, and uploaded it to the thread. Now when I click on the image, it's asking for a URL?

36. David3

David3 Active Member

there's an 'upload a file' button beneath the message box
    .......................................................................................................................................................................................................V

37. Moviefreak

Read this...
    Question - Can´t upload a pic from my media-folder when using a smartphone

38. AJK001

AJK001 Sr Member

I was just in my profile page and noticed that I'm no longer considered a male, which last time I looked I was. I'm now considered unspecified. I tried to change this and got an error message saying I needed to fill out all required fields. This was something I had set properly on the old site. Can this be fixed?

39. xl97

xl97 Sr Member

Just checked.. I was 'unspecified' as well.. however I got no errors changing it.

40. Montagar

Montagar Legendary Member Community Staff

Gender did not get carried over (Art will have to look into that).

As far as updating the Personal Details page, you need to make sure that the "First Name" is filled out. If it is blank, you will get an error as that is required information. The field is blank for members that joined prior to it becoming a required field and as such, you will not be able to update that page unless you fill in your first name.

41. AJK001

AJK001 Sr Member

Thanks, I did even know that I didn't have a first name listed but I guess I joined before that was needed.

42. azheat01

Awesome, thank you!

43. Uber Fett

Uber Fett Sr Member

First, a HUUUUUUUUUGE thanks to the mods who've put in a ton of work. I guess the idea of a darker background so that text/ etc pop a bit better is not doable? Also, still having to sign in each and every time I come on to the site. Cleared out the cookies/ etc., but I can be on the site twice in the same day, and still have to sign in.

44. azheat01

Hey Art, do you happen to know the answer to this. Posted before but no one has chimed in yet with the correct info.

It use to be when I clicked to show a list of all threads I created, the ones with new responses since the last time I was on would be bold. Doesn't seem to be the case with the new platform. Is that just an option this software doesn't have? It's kind of frustrating not knowing which threads I've created have new responses without going down the list and actually clicking on each one and checking. Just a few days ago I clicked on the first thread listed and there was nothing new, but I clicked on the second thread and it did, I just had no way of knowing. You would think the one with the new responses would be listed first, which helps a little, but that wasn't the case. The only way I think I would know is if someone quoted me. I noticed this same issue over on TDH when that was upgraded some time ago.

For the record, I'm talking about when I click on my profile and go to "Information", and then click on "Find all threads by azheat01".

Sorry to ask again, I know there are more important things than this right now.......

45. Art Andrews

Good question. I don't know the answer, but I will find out.

This is just a quess... but I suspect the suggestion is going to be that you folllow your threads and then you will get an alert when one is posted to... but let me find out before we move forward.

46. JOATRASH FX

JOATRASH FX Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Hi Art!

Weird things happening with my account. Seems I lost posting privileges in the junkyard "runs" section (can't see the button any longer), but my account still shows "premium member" status, and also... I can't seem to search for any old posts! I have a few runs going in the junkyard but when I search, only ONE comes up, no matter what word I use or if I search for posts "by me" or not. Tried logging out and back in again, but nothing changed. Maybe a caching error or something going on?

47. Art Andrews

Sir, you should be good to go now.

48. JOATRASH FX

JOATRASH FX Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Once more, I bow to your glorious magnificence, Sir!

49. Too Much Garlic

Too Much Garlic Master Member

Hi, I know you are probably busy with more important fixes, but noticed that I cannot post in my own WTB thread to bump it, like on the old forum. If that is intentional, then that's how it is, but if it's supposed to be how it used to be, then I thought I should at least mention it.

Cheers.

50. Stormy320

Stormy320 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I miss Tapatalk ability.

Why...why ;)