Announcement Welcome to the RPF's Forum Upgrade Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a way to mark a forum read? I like to mark the Junkyard and Project Runs read once I've glanced through them so I know where to stop looking the next time. :)
I'd also love to be able to mark a particular forum read. It does make finding new content easier

I'd also love to be able to mark a particular forum read. It does make finding new content easier

There is... It's one of the options at the top of each forum:

h3wryU7.png

Which then pops up this:

TG8KLaq.png

I loved the mobile site over on the Predatorium, happy to see this site follow suit. I never really thought of it but I always viewed the RPF in “desktop” mode because the mobile site was so hard to navigate. It is already much more mobile user friendly. Great update!

This was a driving factor in the move... so many people are mobile only and the old RPF was an absolute PAIN when it comes to mobile.

Last edited:
I need a dark theme. The default theme has too little contrast.

I miss the popup-menu bar on the top of the page for switching to another subforum.

There are two types of editors: Rich-Tech Editor with editing controls, and BB-code without editing controls.
But I would rather have an editor that shows my BB-code and has buttons for those few things that are a bit tricky (different syntax on different forums etc.).
The BB-code editor also does not accept keyboard shortcuts. It requires me to write every tag by hand!

Congrats guys, on a tough job well done. I'm fully aware of all the headache a large migration like this can bring.

Did I hear correctly that Tapatalk will no longer work with the new site? Is there another option for mobile? Maybe I missed it.

Thanks! The place looks great!

The new site is mobile-friendly. There is no longer a need for a third-party solution. Early next year we are going to make a second (smaller) upgrade that will make us even MORE mobile friendly.

I need a dark theme. The default theme has too little contrast.

I miss the popup-menu bar on the top of the page for switching to another subforum.

There are two types of editors: Rich-Tech Editor with editing controls, and BB-code without editing controls.
But I would rather have an editor that shows my BB-code and has buttons for those few things that are a bit tricky (different syntax on different forums etc.).
The BB-code editor also does not accept keyboard shortcuts. It requires me to write every tag by hand!

:( This is the built-in editor. While there certainly are some shortcomings, you can switch back and forth easily and we no longer have so many of the issues that plagued us on vBulletin (like that stupid thing where you couldn't get spaces).

Loving the new layout! However, would it be possible to add links to the sub forums in place of where the "Mark Forums Read/ Search Forums etc.." area is? I really don't use any of those features and links to the sub forums themselves might be better suited in this area.

Oh, I have what I hope is a bug. I’m seeing some ads as a premium member.

It’s at the top of the attached image.

4FCA9C40-E58D-463C-9C02-68A4506C5DC0.png

Yes, it’s on my mobile. Only noticed it on this page but I’ll look around.

Not sure if it matters but I’m on an iPhone 8.

Also encountered it on the Star Wars sub forum.

562F5226-6F50-4C66-97D5-5E45094231C6.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back