Announcement Welcome to the RPF's Forum Upgrade Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Small early note, but the regular address of just "therpf.com" still goes to the old version with the down message and doesn't redirect to here, which is therpf.com/forums

Small early note, but the regular address of just "therpf.com" still goes to the old version with the down message and doesn't redirect to here, which is therpf.com/forums

That is correct. We will be putting up an index page at the root URL that redirects here. We aren't "officially" open yet... and may be on and off the rest of the day. Sort of "soft launching" it so you guys can kick the tires.

I like it. Wierd seeing the rpf with a lighter them as opposed to the old dark theme it had before.

Believe it or not, the theme is nearly the same, with the content light and the surround dark. The difference is the content now resizes to fill nearly the whole page, so it feels much lighter (plus the container is now light). We have been gradually shifting away from the all-black that the RPF was more than a decade ago and this is the final iteration.

It seems not all of them were migrated. How am I gonna get to Sr. member with 3/4 of my blasted likes missing!? ;) :p

I thought you might just be bragging a bit, but you are absolutely right. Not sure if we can get those all back or not. Let me see what can be done. You are missing 252 of your 280!

It seems not all of them were migrated. How am I gonna get to Sr. member with 3/4 of my blasted likes missing!? ;) :p

Yeah, I'm only seeing the one Art just gave me, none of the previous ones. Not that I had a ton - I'm pretty new - but this new trophy system's got me motivated!

Yeah, I'm only seeing the one Art just gave me, none of the previous ones. Not that I had a ton - I'm pretty new - but this new trophy system's got me motivated!
I’m not that worried about it ( it’s all tongue in cheek) I just thought Art should know that it is an issue. Keep making quality posts and the likes will come, just pace yourself.

This was on of my last liked posts since the software upgrade.
1.) Welcome aboard.

2.) Leave your wallet/purse at the door.

3.) Read until you're up to speed.

4.) When you think you're up to speed, shut up and read some more.

5.) When you're ready to make your first post, uh uh, see #4.

6.) When you're really ready to make your first post, nope use the search function.

7.) When you're finally ready to make your first post, sorry no, introduce yourself here. >> New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! <<

8.) When you're finally really ready to make another post, quality over quantity.

9.) Grow a thicker skin, you don't have the right to not be offended.

10.) Enjoy. (it is a hobby after all)

I really love the trophies system as it takes far more into account than just your posts and time since registered.

I loved the mobile site over on the Predatorium, happy to see this site follow suit. I never really thought of it but I always viewed the RPF in “desktop” mode because the mobile site was so hard to navigate. It is already much more mobile user friendly. Great update!

It seems I can't start a new thread in the "Project Runs" section any more. It says "You have insufficient privileges to post here".

Looks good! Nice work guys.

So many trophies. I need a virtual trophy case... and perhaps a long look in the mirror about how much time I spend online.

Is it preferred that we bump Deprecated Junkyard threads for items still for sale or start new threads in the revised Junkyard?

Congrats guys, on a tough job well done. I'm fully aware of all the headache a large migration like this can bring.

Did I hear correctly that Tapatalk will no longer work with the new site? Is there another option for mobile? Maybe I missed it.

Thanks! The place looks great!

Is there a way to mark a forum read? I like to mark the Junkyard and Project Runs read once I've glanced through them so I know where to stop looking the next time. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back