Weird Idea For A Bio Helmet?

Laserbolt

A friend and I were discussing some Predator/Yajuta Lore if you will and he said something that struck me in regards to the Bio-helmet. I went home and looked over the Bio that I got recently and was wondering if it was possible to put a functional H.U.D. system and camera into the helmet. I was thinking of maybe using those video recording spy glasses and hooking them into the masks visor so i could take video while at a Con or something. ( A Pred would look kinda funny toting around a video camera don't ya think? :p LOL)

I saw some guy hacking one of those old spy video cars on Youtube, he had a brilliant method for working with the toy's eye display but being that i'm not technically inclined, I was wondering what other ideas i could get from the board. Anyone got any suggestions or can at least point me in the right direction?

Perhaps you could put one of those little Hot Wheels camera cars into the mask, like put it in the tri-laser housing, or drill a hole in the forehead
I think you could also mabey use those SpyNet video glasses for it as well.
For the HUD, I have no idea

Post processing would be the easiest way to have a HUD on your video.
Or do you mean a HUD for you looking out of the bio? Because human tech has not reached that level yet.

I tried to incorporate one of my cameras once. A Sony F707. It has a swiveling lens from the body and I thought it would go great as a cannon and then use the lcd view finder as an eye piece. I found out that the ribbon cable to the lens section had way more wires than I expected and they were way too small for me to solder an extension easily. So, I abandoned the idea.

As for the thermal imaging, that discipline is pretty competitive and even with an employee discount, I haven’t wanted to shell out the money to play with one yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Something I've been looking into is a psp camera.
63376_161_preview.jpg

It connects with a USB cable so you don't have to actually have it sticking out of the top of the psp. Then you can anchor the psp under the mask giving yourself somewhat of a HUD. The only problem is a psp doesn't fit in most bios. It fits under my custom Shredder bio, and if you have a half mask, it will fit under a Hez Gort or Tom's Rattlesnake. It works out pretty good.

Great suggestions guys,thanks. Technically, all I was wondering was if there was a fairly cheap way to install a P.O.V. camera system for my bio. No thermal imaging or anything fancy like that. (yet) As I said earlier, I searched you tube and found some guy that was hacking a spy car toy. It came with a wearable micro screen glasses display. Thought i'd try that route mainly because it seems to be small enough to fit inside a bio mask. I'm looking for other options though. If anyone else has any more ideas or could help me out with this, it's greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I thought of that Deserthunter, I was just curious to see if it could be done. I like a better degree of control of the said device I suppose.

Here's an update:

Sometime spending the occasional few hours on here pays off. I found this camera and was thinking of ways to add a H.U.D. to it but haven't completely decided if it was really necessary. I know if it get it, it will mean drilling a hole in the bio but I don't mind.

http://electroflip.s.../231100391.html

I might have to solder some wire extensions on the control pad and wire it down to the gauntlet I'm planning on getting but I'm wary about doing it, fearing it might not work. Anyone have any suggestions or ideas?

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back