Weebo from "Flubber"

I watched the Tested video a couple of hours ago as soon as it popped up in my Youtube subscription.
Such an amazing level of detail, dedication and patience. You should be very proud of this finished prop.

Think that's pretty awesome and meta

-Build replica for one of the prop builders of the actual prop
-The prop builder accepts the replica and gives you one of the original props in return
-Divided by zero, universe self-destructs
-ain't even mad

Insane level of dedication! My dad tried making one of these back when this came out, I think it was cardboard, lol.

I worked at CafeFX way back when, we did the digital version of Weebo. We were initially supposed to do a lot more of the shots, but Gary's rig worked so well more and more was done practically (with a whole lot of digital removal work). We also did a few shots of Flubber, basically the non emoting stuff (yes, including the out- of-the-butt shot, not exactly a proud moment). I've never laughed so much on set before, Robin was always 'on', he was a kind and beautiful man, his loss is felt on a personal level with me.

Adam, I wanted to ask if you were on set for his film. I've never been able to shake the sense that we've worked together, from the first episode of Mythbusters I was thinking "wait a minute, I know that dude from somewhere".

congrats on an excellent replica, this brought back a lot of fond memories.

Last edited:
That is gorgeous! Great work! Also, I'd love one of the Flubber casts! I missed an ILM cast model/trophy that was given to crew years ago on ebay.

I will dig through my photo files and see if I was smart enough to screen grab. They were pretty cool looking, and quite similar to yours, I would be proud to own either!

I will dig through my photo files and see if I was smart enough to screen grab. They were pretty cool looking, and quite similar to yours, I would be proud to own either!
I personally do not want to make casts of flubber... But I'd be willing to share my mold with someone who would like to.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back