Water Slide Decals and marker.

Plokman

Hey all,
Been busy ordering new things for the shop and I had a thought on Inkjet decal paper, would you be able to mark on them with paint pens or Sharpe pens and get a working decal after following the standard "Coat and place in water" method? I ask because I know it is almost impossible to get a printer to print white onto paper and for my Zelda Pendants I need white markings to be imprinted on the things.

Anyone know if it is a viable method, cause I have projects planned that need Silver and Gold on them too.

Hope everyone is doing ok, be safe and if you can get one get a vaccine I say this because I care not because I am pushing it on you. Your choice ultimately if you don't trust them but if you do and can please do, for all of you out there we don't want to loose great people.

You can get white decal paper.

Don't know if they are still made but there used to be printers that printed metallic's.

One way to find out is just try it and evaluate the results. Either it will work or it won't. I've got an Alps MD-5500 MicroDry printer which does print white, metallic blue/gold/red/silver, and mirrored gold/silver foil onto decal film....so if this is something you're planning to do long-term then perhaps get one of the Alps printers. There are places in Japan selling refurbished machines which can do exactly what you're asking about.

I don't know if a paint pen will work or not but I'm almost certain a Sharpie won't, I don't think that Sharpie ink is waterproof.

If sealed, I think it would work.

And I'd suggest something like testors paint pens, rather than sharpie. You can (could?) get metallics and solid colors, gloss or matte finish. I have a few and they work well. Or did ten years ago anyway.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back