Watch out you Covenant scum!

Jedidentist

I know I should wait to get some better pics in some darker lighting to show off the LEDs, but I can't resist. Also, my wife took these, and she's not too good at the whole "angle" thing. I'll try to add more as I get them from others.

DCP_2017.jpg

DCP_2020.jpg

DCP_2021.jpg

DCP_2021.jpg

DCP_2018.jpg

DCP_2019.jpg

Even the ever impressive JDPilot is stunned ;)

DCP_2028.jpg

It's amazing what one can manage to put together in a week and a half with some determination.

Derek

Very impressive and stealthy. The fact that you were assemble that suit in a week and a half astounds me. I had one and I know I couldn't have gotten it together in that amount of time. Good job.

-Matt

Derek

Im like a proud father. You did an amazing job of assembling the costume. The color rocks. Another member of the growing MC army..

Richie

Thanks guys. Aside from the lung cacner I'm probably going to get from melted styrene fumes as well as paint, it was well worth it. I tried to make the thing as sturdy as possible with rivets and a glue gun, but I still said a little prayer any time some drunk chick came and whacked me on saturday night. Now I know how all of you troopers feel when you're walking around, and everyone wants to know if the armor's real :rolleyes I honestly had to spend about 4-5 hours/day over the past 1-2 weeks to get this together (not including taking thursday off from work), as well as a little 6 hours round trip trek to Richie's. But still...very worth it.

Derek

More pics of the inside of my helmet with my fan and LED setup.

DCP_2033.jpg

DCP_2038.jpg

DCP_2037.jpg

DCP_2036.jpg

DCP_2035.jpg

I finally settled on a 4 blue LED system with a 150 Ohm/ 1/2 Watt resistor wired in series with 2-9V batteries. The fans are 12V fans each running on a 9V battery...standard trooper setup. All of them have their own switches. Thanks to all for the help on those.

Derek

Awesome work. So that's where the LEDs go (someone talked to me about putting LEDs in these a while back, but I've never even played the game). :(

I'd say Jeff was pretty impressed ... made him jump right out of his shoes. ;) Any time you need someone to help characterize a photo, Jeff's your man.

Anyway, great job, to both you AND Richie. Again, I've never played the game (yet), but would still love to have one of these some day. Something I could probably mod to even fit ME. :)

ATM
ShackMan

Originally posted by ShackMan@Oct 31 2005, 06:22 PM
So that's where the LEDs go (someone talked to me about putting LEDs in these a while back, but I've never even played the game).  :(

It's funny - in the game, only one of those vents on the helmet lights up, and it's not really an LED. It's actually the built-in flashlight that you can activate for dark areas. I'd like to see someone incorporate an actual flashlight that can be clicked on and off. That'd be swell. :D

Derek, that looks really good man. Your hard work really shows.
Richie, again I'm impressed, as always.
Jeff....you're a dork.
:p

For some reason I thought you looked short in that first pic. The last pic really helps show true height. Unless the other guy is really short. :)

Originally posted by clutch@Nov 28 2005, 03:21 PM
For some reason I thought you looked short in that first pic.  The last pic really helps show true height.  Unless the other guy is really short. :)
[snapback]1123820[/snapback]​

Nah, Derek's not short. I'm short (at about 5'9") ... that "other guy" is 6 ft tall, so Derek stands somewhere above that. :)

ATM

Ha...yeah, I'm 6'3" without the boots. Add about 1" for the boots and another few for the helmet, and that puts me at about 6'7" or so. Unfortunately, I only have 165 lbs. to go with it.

Derek

Okay, so I gotta ask: where did you get your LED set-up for your helmet? Is this something one could get at Radio Shack? I'd like to set mine up exactly like yours...

Originally posted by Jedidentist@Nov 28 2005, 10:36 PM
Ha...yeah, I'm 6'3" without the boots.  Add about 1" for the boots and another few for the helmet, and that puts me at about 6'7" or so.  Unfortunately, I only have 165 lbs. to go with it.

Derek

I'd almost trade ya ... almost. ;) I'm 5'10", if you're liberal with the tape measure. But in a strong wind, I hold my ground quite well. :)

Armando, the LED set-up is easy to do. If you'd rather pay shipping costs than to do it yourself, I'd be willing to help you out.

ATM

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back