Washing a Rubies Vader body suit?

TK-Fett

Sr Member
Hey guys has anyone had any success washing their Rubies Vader body suits. I lost the directions that came with mine and dont want to destroy it getting it clean. Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks
Tyler

Hi mate, i have washed mine twice in the machine on cool wash with regular washing powder, then i have just hung it for a couple of days to drip dry. There's no problems with threads or inner lining comin undone etc. Just make sure its cool wash.
Mark

I also have washed mine about 10 times. Mark is correct in saying to wash in cold water but I would also suggest using the delicate cycle with a mild detergent, such as baby detergent.

did you guys turn them inside out or just leave them right side out? Also could I dry it in the dryer on the no heat spin?

Never washed a rubies Vader before but I use the dryel system on my costumes. Just throw the costume in the dryel bag with one of the cleaning sheets and throw it in the dryer. All my costumes come out smelling nice and fresh everytime. I got mine at Target. Hope this helps.

<div class='quotetop'>(TK-Fett @ Jun 1 2006, 02:49 AM) [snapback]1253957[/snapback]</div>
did you guys turn them inside out or just leave them right side out? Also could I dry it in the dryer on the no heat spin?
[/b]
I leave it right side out, i have not attempted drying it, it only does take a couple of days to drip dry, no risk of shrinkage either.

<div class='quotetop'>(Darth Domain @ Jun 1 2006, 01:57 AM) [snapback]1254073[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(TK-Fett @ Jun 1 2006, 02:49 AM) [snapback]1253957[/snapback]
[/b]
I leave it right side out, i have not attempted drying it, it only does take a couple of days to drip dry, no risk of shrinkage either.
[/b][/quote]

Yes, do NOT put it in the dryer. I'd would imagine the dryer would probably melt it.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back