Warhammer 40K Purity Seals

Steamtech

I've been a giant fan of Warhammer 40k for over 20 years now and finally decided I wanted some real props from that universe. I've been looking at pictures of them in rulebooks, animations of them in video games, and more recently marveling at them in their recent CGI movie - Ultramarines.

I decided to start with something easy that will eventually be needed on the bigger props as well...the ubiquitous Purity Seals! Seen on every Imperial hero and adorning nearly every Space Marine weapon and suit of armor, the Purity Seal represents the wearer's unyielding faith in the Emperor of Mankind! What a perfect place to start my new prop collection ;)

I made 3 versions, all sculpted in clay and cast in resin. The prayer strips are heat transfers applied to 100% cotton, because I wanted them to look as realistic to the artwork as I could without having to worrying about parchment strips getting wet or ripping. My wife has been wearing 3 of these on her purse for a few months now and they still look like new so my plan worked, they are very resilient!

SKL_fullvert_01sm.jpg

INQ_scrollvert_02sm.jpg

FDL_scrollvert_02sm.jpg

I hope I'm not embarrassing myself compared with the talent on these forums but I thought I'd share them as I'm personally very proud of how they turned out (which is better in person since I'm a horrid photographer lol) :)

FOR THE EMPEROR!!!

They look great! What size are they?

They're all roughly the same size, within .25" of each other and they average out to 2" in diameter with the strips hanging 5" long and 2" wide.

I like your parchment very much Jannix. Your Purity Seal looks great, especially with the double parchment strips!

Steve the Swede, is that sarcasm I detect? :D

They're all roughly the same size, within .25" of each other and they average out to 2" in diameter with the strips hanging 5" long and 2" wide.

I like your parchment very much Jannix. Your Purity Seal looks great, especially with the double parchment strips!

Steve the Swede, is that sarcasm I detect? :D

Absolutely not! I've been a member here since 2001 and yours was the first I've ever seen presented here. I truly thought it was a clever idea. Once again, awesome prop, nicely done!

Steve

In that case, thank you Steve! I'm still very new here and honestly figured purity seals would have been fairly common since they're easier to make than a model starship lol. ;)

Thanks for all the kind words everyone. I'm really glad these are well received. It's very encouraging as I have much respect for the people and the work done on these forums!

Love them :thumbsup Made a few myself but only ever out of resin/paper. I've pre-ordered the Collectors Ed. of Space Marine which comes with a replica purity seal, so I'm keen to see what that's going to be like.

warhammer-40000-space-marine-collectors-edition-pre-order-bonuses-announced.jpg

All the best
Matt

I just started looking around for what I'd need to do the chaos star in metal actually! I was thinking of turning it into a belt buckle because I know at least one person who'd want one...me! :D

The one on Etsy is actually about to be replaced with a more detailed version. I wasn't totally happy with some elements so I redid them and added to the design a bit.

I saw the Space Marine collector's edition after I had already preordered so I'll have to hope one of my friends gets it so I can compare it with mine and see how mine hold up hehe.

I'm still very new here and honestly figured purity seals would have been fairly common since they're easier to make than a model starship lol. ;)

They're probably the most common non-weapon 40k item people make but there's not much of any 40k stuff here on the RPF.

Nice job on all your stuff, just be carefull selling them on Etsy. GW has attack lawyers like you wouldn't believe. :rolleyes

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back