Warehouse 13 - Claudia's Mini Tesla Build

I searched for ten turn dials while trying to locate the right piece but never came across one that looked right. The black knob was always off. It NEVER even occurred to me that there was one on the damn TOS phasers and they were a perfect match

...and then one of the Warehouse prop fabricators chimes in to say...... "Sorry guys and gals.... that's not the correct knob". It's not the same knob used on the phaser. It's "close.... but not close enough.... you missed it by that much".

I guess I'll have to pull the folder out on the prop and get some pics together. lol

bold little prop to build. i really want to make a full size tesla at some point.
here is a dumb question... as someone who loves WH13, but has only ever watched it on net flicks...meaning i have yet to see season 3. my question is what the crap happened, is the show canceled?

...and then one of the Warehouse prop fabricators chimes in to say...... "Sorry guys and gals.... that's not the correct knob". It's not the same knob used on the phaser. It's "close.... but not close enough.... you missed it by that much".

I guess I'll have to pull the folder out on the prop and get some pics together. lol

Please tell me it's a readily available part and not some vintage turn dial off of some vintage 1950s piece of equipment that they only made six of :lol

Can't wait to see the photos!

- - - Updated - - -

bold little prop to build. i really want to make a full size tesla at some point.
here is a dumb question... as someone who loves WH13, but has only ever watched it on net flicks...meaning i have yet to see season 3. my question is what the crap happened, is the show canceled?

Yep. Cancelled and only five episodes in season five to wrap up all the loose ends :unsure

I love this build! I was considering building one too. There were some good pictures on one of the Tesla scratch build thread.
I can't wait to see how yours turns out.

Since you guys have already started building.... I guess its pointless to post pics of the hero prop. :) Oh well.......[/QUOTE]

Awww, come on Kenney! Don't be like that! You KNOW we wanna see as many pictures as possible. I certainly would.
You could PM them to me if you want to.

Yeah, I flipped out when it popped up. At least now I have few decent photos that will help. After seeing them, I definitely want to make a few more tweaks to my Derringer cast, mainly widening the handle toward the bottom.

Also ordered me some pretty accurate turn dials!

For those interested, here are the photos from the auction:

su1.jpg

su2.jpg

su3.jpg

su4.jpg

su5.jpg

The biggest thing that stood out to me on this prop versus the photo of the other screen used Tesla is the innards to the smaller tube appear to be different between the two props. The auction Tesla also lacks the brass ring around the small tube and the brass trigger is clearly part of the casting of the gun body and simply painted gold. The one in the other photo appears, to me at least, to have a real brass trigger.

Has anyone been able to identify where the dials came from? The one with the F and S on it looks familiar, but I can't place it. The phaser one makes me smile though!

I SO need to make one of these. It'll go great with my regular Tesla gun.

The more I look at them, the more I think they're just something whipped up in photoshop.. The design of the large gauge looks very similar to a lot of gauges, however where the F and S are would normally be where the stops for the needle would be on a real gauge. It also looks like it's a decal glued down to a thick washer or metal disc.

The smaller one on the other side has a pointer on the face which I've never seen before on a gauge, only a needle that is a separate piece. The only time I've seen a pointer like that on the face of something is a micro compass, which it COULD be, just with a custom set of numbers around the edge. I want to say I can see some distressing of what would be the decal around the very edges of it as well as a faint circle in the center with the pointer where the original compass is left unaltered.

I'm probably completely wrong, though :lol Sure would be nice if someone who built one for the show could chime in and point us in the right direction :D ;)

You may be right about photoshop on the one with the triangle pointer, but the FS one looks like a part from a disassembled rheostat or speed control.
The brass hub on it makes me think its an actual part from something.

Well, I missed getting the pics up fast enough. LOL Angelus beat me to it. However...... however.... that auction is one of the water"ed" down plastic casting ones. The hero has more metal accent parts like the so called trigger etc. Plus, the rear tube has real vacuum tube internals... as well as other details on the gun. The gun I would think you would want to build is this one. Here are pics of the original hero.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

Hope these help

What's funny is I built **** for the show and my pics SUCK! In my defense.... I had a crappy camera phone. lol Anyway, I do have other stuff for you W13 fans that I can share. Did anyone ever think of building the Tesla Grenade? :) Or did you guys forget about that one?

Cheers,
Kenney

- - - Updated - - -

Too funny.... the RPF blocks out "Sh@T" but allows "SUCK"! he he

Kenney, THANK YOU!!! Those are AWESOME photos!! This is definitely the version I want to replicate. Any chance you can tell us the source of the gauges and side knob? :)

The Tesla Grenade is on my list of W13 props to make as well as the Tesla Rifle. Did you also build those?

Any photos of any of the props you made would be great to see!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back