Warco: You videotape the war

Kind of neat. It's nice to see a new take on the FPS genre as it gets kind of tedious as everything seems the same.

A cool concept but a guaranteed failure, this will appeal to a very small group of people and won't make a lot of money.

It'll sell well with folks who like to do covert sneaking style things. On the downside if you have no way to defend yourself it might be a very short game.

I hope this thing accurately simulates what its like to do the documentary style of filmmaking. Seriously, this idea sounds pretty nifty.

^Actually that may be what gets me to try it once it's used. The fallout games kind of spoiled me with having the ability to make moral choices. I wish more games had it, especially if they want to make it feel more real world. The down side to these types of things in games is it tends to reveal stuff about yourself you never knew.

You gotta remember that you're an embedded reporter. You video tape, thats it. No shooting, no actual effect on the battlefield.

^Actually that may be what gets me to try it once it's used. The fallout games kind of spoiled me with having the ability to make moral choices. I wish more games had it, especially if they want to make it feel more real world. The down side to these types of things in games is it tends to reveal stuff about yourself you never knew.

Do you really think so? I loved the Fallout games, but to me the "moral" choices in the game are always pretty black and white and never truly gray and I think warco just sounds like an opportunity to show soldiers in unflattering and compromised situations and make them look bad. I would love to be wrong, but this game sounds like a setup to push an agenda.

Yeah I have a feeling there probably is an agenda but it's an interesting feature that at some point the game industry is going to have to deal with as people want more and more realism. It may very well be a feature that makes the game not sell. Have to wait in see because i'm sure if the agenda is there veterans groups and others will speak up. it could be really bad for the company in the end though.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back