War Boys: Mad Max Fury Road

For the makeup:

I personally love Krylon Aquacolor. I used it last year for my post apocalyptic Harley Quinn. It held up well throughout the night. It's applied with water and washes off easily. I would also recommend a setting spray, I used Ben Nye's Final Seal. I bought some "dirt" and made pounce packs with panty hose so I would have that dirty look.

https://us.kryolan.com/product/aquacolor-30-ml
http://www.frendsbeauty.com/ben-nye-final-seal.html
http://www.frendsbeauty.com/ben-nye-character-powder-plains-dust.html
http://www.frendsbeauty.com/ben-nye-character-powder-charcoal.html (for that grease look...a little goes a long way)

If you have a local costume shop, check with them, they'll likely have Ben Nye and/or Kyrolan.

oooh, thanks! i'll take a look at it. :D overkill is probably exactly what i'd need.
also, was wondering if anyone had any screenshots of the wrist cuff/chain that Nux wears? i feel like i can probably make a replica (i do a fair amount of leather work) but i can't picture what it looked like.

You can mostly see the wrist cuff in this:

Mad-Max-Fury-Road-Pictures.jpg

So for the Ergodyne Arsenal 5550 3-Inch Padded Base Layer Tool/Work Belt that was posted on Karol's site, would it be best to get the belt with the style of a 3 inch, or 5 inches? Or if anybody has found a belt that better matches the War boy's belts please let me know, I'm trying to get a war boy cosplay going for San Diego Comic-Con this year and I don't have that much time left to get everything together.

oooh, thanks! i'll take a look at it. :D overkill is probably exactly what i'd need.
also, was wondering if anyone had any screenshots of the wrist cuff/chain that Nux wears? i feel like i can probably make a replica (i do a fair amount of leather work) but i can't picture what it looked like.

Hey look I found a better reference pic just because people on tumblr were making dumb jokes:

tumblr_npph25KIqE1tb4uw5o3_r1_1280.png

Hey guys,

I found a couple more hi-res shots that might help identifying the gear. Hope its of some use to you...

-Retrofit

frd-ds-00616.jpgmad-max-fury-road-image-nicholas-hoult.jpg

Attachments

• frd-ds-00177.jpg
    frd-ds-00177.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 147
I was looking last night, the side pouches are surplus pouch, model unknown yet.

similar to these but in a row, it also looks as if the cover is leather?

$_57.JPG

Im working on NUX BDU set,
on his right leg, there is one large pouch, a what looks like a flat tool roll, then the pouch set. or at least two flat roll/pouch sets.
On his right leg, I believe there is a knife and a ratty leather bag.

as far as the shoes, I believe someone posted a pics, I'll look for it if you need screen accurate, it mistaken for MM's boots, but I think are caller Matterhorn boots.

I was looking last night, the side pouches are surplus pouch, model unknown yet.

similar to these but in a row, it also looks as if the cover is leather?

View attachment 488618

Im working on NUX BDU set,
on his right leg, there is one large pouch, a what looks like a flat tool roll, then the pouch set. or at least two flat roll/pouch sets.
On his right leg, I believe there is a knife and a ratty leather bag.

as far as the shoes, I believe someone posted a pics, I'll look for it if you need screen accurate, it mistaken for MM's boots, but I think are caller Matterhorn boots.

The pouch you have above looks like a collapsible entrenching tool/shovel cover
Product80011.jpg

I wasn't saying it is that exact pouch, just similar pouch of the era and with the cover, I did see another one that had a couple together. I'll post updates.

I have some screenshots for some of the other belts that the War Boys wear. I don't know what type of belts they are, and I've been researching for days on what they might be but no luck.
.War boys belt ref 2.pngWar boys belt ref 3.png

Here's a video showing the silver food coloring spray you can buy in wal mart in action. It tastes like poison and though it'll stain around your mouth awhile, your teeth won't be silver long. If you want a thick coat, be prepared to sacrifice brain cells. This crap is vile. I did it like four times for the vid and I feel a little ill. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RXeZuQxWCc&feature=youtu.be

Chefmaster Edible Spray tastes a lot better and comes in a better can (IMO). It's also more expensive, though.

Chefmaster Edible Spray tastes a lot better and comes in a better can (IMO). It's also more expensive, though.

Thanks for the tip on the silver spray. I had to laugh at the Amazon page where it shows what customers are buying along with the spray. I think there's a theme. ;) Shiny and chrome!

amazon.png

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back