War Boys: Mad Max Fury Road

Karol

Looking for any help identifying any of the gear on the War Boys.

We see a lot of black pants. Are they cargo pants, or do they just have pockets strapped to them? Can we identify the brands of some of the pants? (They're not all the same).

What about the pouches? Military? Tool pouches? Brands?

What about their padded belts? Tool belts? Can we get good enough shots to ID any brands/models?

Any MUAs here who have recommendations for the white make-up?

I'm looking for seasoned feedback. Please no amateur guesswork. Thanks.

http://madmaxcostumes.com/information/mad-max-fury-road/war-boys/

Mad-Max-Fury-Road-Nux-Pants.png

Considering how different each War Boy is I'd actually argue identifying this or that really isn't important, since it's really a stylistic commonality that brings them together. You just have to make a costume with the FEEL of a War Boy.

ok, what i can say is that they are mil surplus pouches but there is no telling how much they have been modified. the 3 celled pouch lends itself to being German mauser style. but these look like they are canvas with leather, may be Bulgarian copy they were known for having canvas pouches lined with leather. as for the larger pouch that one is escaping me. it looks familiar, it is the same size and shape as a East German grenade pouch and does have the two buckles in the right place, but it is hard to say. might be an that what is heavily weather and painted. I saw it and i need those pants! im searching. ill post what i find.

ok, what i can say is that they are mil surplus pouches but there is no telling how much they have been modified. the 3 celled pouch lends itself to being German mauser style. but these look like they are canvas with leather, may be Bulgarian copy they were known for having canvas pouches lined with leather. as for the larger pouch that one is escaping me. it looks familiar, it is the same size and shape as a East German grenade pouch and does have the two buckles in the right place, but it is hard to say. might be an that what is heavily weather and painted. I saw it and i need those pants! im searching. ill post what i find.

Thanks for actually posting something of substance. I'm not seeing anything that matches your suggestions, though. I wonder if they're even military.

after all my google fu, i dont thing the pouches on his right leg are ammunition pouches. on another thread some one suggested they are tool belt pouches that are modified and i think that is more accurate. i know the little double buckle pouch is military surplus but it is still escaping me from what country. i want to say that its a personal medical kit holder and not an ammunition pouch.

Considering how different each War Boy is I'd actually argue identifying this or that really isn't important, since it's really a stylistic commonality that brings them together. You just have to make a costume with the FEEL of a War Boy.

I agree. What I'd really like to have are pictures of as many of the background War Boys as possible - and, also, like Karol said, anybody with any advice about the makeup.

If you aren't committed to identifying as many items on the War Boys as is possible, then please don't post in this thread.

Please read the first post.

PAX paint - 50% Acrylic paint, 50% Pro-Aide adhesive.

Pax seems kind of overkill for this, since I think in-universe they're covered in white dust, rather than actually deathly pale...at least, that's what I think happened. I wouldn't bet my life on it.

Wouldn't have to worry about making a mess all over the convention with PAX, though, which is good.

If you aren't committed to identifying as many items on the War Boys as is possible, then please don't post in this thread.

Please read the first post.

Yeah but more reference pics would help us both.

Also, it would be obnoxiously passive-aggressive of me to make another thread and call it "War Boys: Mad Max Fury Road - everything Karol isn't interested in"

Bought some at Wal Mart...will totally work for a War Boy costume. Very shiny. BUT...you will feel like you've been poisoned. The propellant, the flavor...edible and tasty are two different things. It tastes (wait for it) like you shot spray paint in your mouth. Runs pretty quickly when wet, so not overly long lasting, and cleans up easy enough.

I was going to start another thread since the OP seems to just want costume info, but I assumed a mod would merge them anyway, so I didn't bother. The makeup is part of the costume, and there's my report. The **** works. Not quite as shiny or long lasting as the film stuff apparently was, so enjoy getting balls high by continual reapplication (which, no joke, is probably dangerous).

Bought some at Wal Mart...will totally work for a War Boy costume. Very shiny. BUT...you will feel like you've been poisoned. The propellant, the flavor...edible and tasty are two different things. It tastes (wait for it) like you shot spray paint in your mouth. Runs pretty quickly when wet, so not overly long lasting, and cleans up easy enough.

I was going to start another thread since the OP seems to just want costume info, but I assumed a mod would merge them anyway, so I didn't bother. The makeup is part of the costume, and there's my report. The **** works. Not quite as shiny or long lasting as the film stuff apparently was, so enjoy getting balls high by continual reapplication (which, no joke, is probably dangerous).

Mediocre or not mediocre?.

kbq104.jpg
2ajm7n.jpg

I was told to jump over here to find out War Boy, when i started a thread in a different place.... I'd like to use the warboy look for roller derby, so i'm curious if anyone has ideas for pretty waterproof white make up.
i'm new here, and i'm pretty new to the world of heavy cosplay... i have a definite interest in playing a warboy.

I was told to jump over here to find out War Boy, when i started a thread in a different place.... I'd like to use the warboy look for roller derby, so i'm curious if anyone has ideas for pretty waterproof white make up.
i'm new here, and i'm pretty new to the world of heavy cosplay... i have a definite interest in playing a warboy.

The makeup PoopaPapaPalps mentioned and I called overkill is just about the most durable stuff possible, so it'd be worth a try. Alcohol-based body paint is also waterproof, but I haven't used it myself yet. I think it tends to be slightly translucent (so it's really good if you want to paint on something that'll look like a faded tattoo), so it might be perfect for the covered-in-white-dust look.

oooh, thanks! i'll take a look at it. :D overkill is probably exactly what i'd need.
also, was wondering if anyone had any screenshots of the wrist cuff/chain that Nux wears? i feel like i can probably make a replica (i do a fair amount of leather work) but i can't picture what it looked like.

For the trousers, i would use some Kind of "Gothic" Pants for a base

279358a-emp.jpg

And for the pockets, just Strip a tactical vest an sew all the stuff on the trousers, i think the big side pocket could be the one Nux has on his pants...

30993A.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back