Walking Dead Rick Jacket

hi this is the actual collar shape which seems to be nigh on impossible for anyone to recreate, this is ricks actual prop jacket, note the difference in shape on the left side. it curves rather urgently up and the zip track is shaped in a kind of semi circle . the jacket indy posted has pretty much got the right side collar close as possible but the left side is still off. plus the shearling on the ugg jacket is different to the shearling on the magnoli jacket, i have my own altered collar ugg jacket.
s-l500.jpg

8C138A90-F660-4C9F-A9E2-C87DF2E403D5.jpeg
1E059551-BCEE-4DCC-AC67-0E41F9817008.jpeg
6AF0E658-FD48-4E28-8688-986A31264F12.jpeg
3D7A17B8-B99C-43E1-8222-750D855509FE.jpeg
4A7F0DB5-B4CE-4231-BA87-DB1440767764.jpeg
A27D01E8-CEC7-4807-B736-97907A84276F.jpeg
D71722CD-A7DB-45F1-9829-DD0D1FD83854.jpeg

Here are some comparison photos between the latest version of the Magnoli jacket and the Suzahdi jacket. The Magnoli is on the left and the Suzahdi on the right. The final photo is also a ‘real world’ photo of the Magnoli so you can see it in the context of how it looks worn on me instead of a mannequin.

In person, particular strengths of the Magnoli are the collar, it sits flat against the jacket and I much prefer it to the Suzahdi who did their back collar piece far too large on my jacket. Another strength is the quality of their choice in suede and the elastic side panels, the colours are dead ringers for the original am and its got a good weight to it, although I’ve heard the original Ugg is lighter, this is by no means a ‘heavy’ jacket. still a very comfortable fit.

another strength is the overall cut and fit. In my personal opinion the Suzahdi fit is a little sloppy, with their funky lining hanging out whenever I wore it unfastened. The Magnoli has a much better form to it, and in case anyone is wondering I custom requested the plain brown lining just because I prefer it to the checkered lining.

Although I prefer the Magnoli, the Suzahdi still has its positives too, I like the pocket zippers on the Suzahdi for example, they’re a very good match to the Ugg.

I hope this helps you guys see the differences between the two! Both jackets are excellent replicas and I’d recommend either to anyone who wanted a decent replica.

hi this is the actual collar shape which seems to be nigh on impossible for anyone to recreate, this is ricks actual prop jacket, note the difference in shape on the left side. it curves rather urgently up and the zip track is shaped in a kind of semi circle . the jacket indy posted has pretty much got the right side collar close as possible but the left side is still off. plus the shearling on the ugg jacket is different to the shearling on the magnoli jacket, i have my own altered collar ugg jacket.
View attachment 1317749
That’s fair enough. But IMO I wouldn’t want a jacket with two unsymmetrical collar pieces. And yes, I’ve seen your Ugg. It looks ace.

View attachment 1318085View attachment 1318086View attachment 1318088View attachment 1318089View attachment 1318090View attachment 1318091View attachment 1318092

Here are some comparison photos between the latest version of the Magnoli jacket and the Suzahdi jacket. The Magnoli is on the left and the Suzahdi on the right. The final photo is also a ‘real world’ photo of the Magnoli so you can see it in the context of how it looks worn on me instead of a mannequin.

In person, particular strengths of the Magnoli are the collar, it sits flat against the jacket and I much prefer it to the Suzahdi who did their back collar piece far too large on my jacket. Another strength is the quality of their choice in suede and the elastic side panels, the colours are dead ringers for the original am and its got a good weight to it, although I’ve heard the original Ugg is lighter, this is by no means a ‘heavy’ jacket. still a very comfortable fit.

another strength is the overall cut and fit. In my personal opinion the Suzahdi fit is a little sloppy, with their funky lining hanging out whenever I wore it unfastened. The Magnoli has a much better form to it, and in case anyone is wondering I custom requested the plain brown lining just because I prefer it to the checkered lining.

Although I prefer the Magnoli, the Suzahdi still has its positives too, I like the pocket zippers on the Suzahdi for example, they’re a very good match to the Ugg.

I hope this helps you guys see the differences between the two! Both jackets are excellent replicas and I’d recommend either to anyone who wanted a decent replica.

Did you order with the purple color side panels? I'm not sure why the purple/burgundy color on these jackets, they look brown in the show to me. Anyway, I'm working with Suzhadi right now on a jacket and they are looking for brown side panel material. I'm looking at your Suzahdi jacket and I'm not sure I like the collar, it almost looks too fuzzy and I see what you are saying about how far up the neck it sits. But with all of that said, I just can't afford the Magnoli jacket. $185 was a lot to me so spending $350+ just wasn't in the cards. Can you get some pictures with the Suzahdi on? What size are you and what size is the jacket?

Since purchasing the Magnoli I’ve actually sold the Suzahdi so don’t have it with me to take any photos of it on. It was an XS, and I’m about a 36” chest.

I do think the magnoli looks great. But I like the darker suede on the suzahdi. I've been waiting quite a while for them to find the brown side material. It's going to be an every day jacket so hopefully its built good.

Last edited:
Yeah honestly they’re both great jackets. The collar issue was my main issue with the Suzahdi that made me go for the Magnoli. And yeah, the Suzahdi is darker, it’s almost black in some lights.

View attachment 1318085View attachment 1318086View attachment 1318088View attachment 1318089View attachment 1318090View attachment 1318091View attachment 1318092

Although I prefer the Magnoli, the Suzahdi still has its positives too, I like the pocket zippers on the Suzahdi for example, they’re a very good match to the Ugg.r

it looks really good dude , im happy for you . But for me the lerft side of the collar just needs cutting slightly different like this actual rick jacket Like you said you want the collar symmetrical. Bur for me i would like Indy to do mine identical to these pics, It is a very hard thing to do though from my experience without the actual ugg toledo shearling though. Enjoy your jacket mate!

Attachments

• s-l1600 (2).jpg
    s-l1600 (2).jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 660
  • s-l1600 (1).jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 756
  • s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 761
Like Mike the faux shearling we use the is the closest we've been able to find. We have used genuine shearling before as well, but it's more expensive.
Suzahdis shearling is closer and better than yours but they use it all wrong by making the collar around the neck area way too thick, plus they dont shape the curve of the collar right at all. the shape of the ziptrack is better on yours but still needs curving round more like an almost semi circle effect.

Like Mike the faux shearling we use the is the closest we've been able to find. We have used genuine shearling before as well, but it's more expensive.
i have the actual ugg jacket and suzahdis shearling is definitely the closest ive seen it has more body to it . This makes it easier to shape the collar exactly like ricks jacket, It is much more plyable. A tip for you Indy is inserting wire inside the top of the collar. Doing this enables you to shape the collar to how it is supposed to look.If you try it on some shearling you will see what i mean, It worked on my ugg jacket

this thread is dying

I love hothere are more than 3 jackets definitelyw we spent 2 years compiling hi res images and analyzing/comparing the differences that lead us to determine the 3 jackets and then he posts microscopic gifs arguing there's a lot more than 3 jackets

Also drew27 can you chill with the random posting and multiple comments? I getting notifications hoping it's Indy posting an update in here but it's not.

I love how we spent 2 years compiling hi res images and analyzing/comparing the differences that lead us to determine the 3 jackets and then he posts microscopic gifs arguing there's a lot more than 3 jackets

Also drew27 can you chill with the random posting and multiple comments? I getting notifications hoping it's Indy posting an update in here but it's not.
there are more than 3 jackets

Here's the collar effect we achieved based on the current nip-and-tuck modification theory:
thats my old magnoli jacket! smeccles!!!

View attachment 1010218

View attachment 1317383

Jusy got myself the latest version of the Magnoli Clothiers jacket in today. I can provide a few comparison photos to a Suzahdi or just anything you guys want to see really. Let me know.

Hi there Tommy,

Could you perhaps lay down the jacket flat and straight on a flat surface? I was wondering about a few things:

- Is the double stitch seam that runs across the shoulders from the collar to the arm openings directly on the fold or 4 cm below the fold? I feel that in your pictures it hasn't been lowered.
- Also, does your jacket suffer from the "pointy shoulder" syndrome that many replicas have? It should be more rounded off.

d71722cd-a7db-45f1-9829-dd0d1fd83854.jpg

A good while ago I've received a few samples from Indy and... welll... let's just say that I didn't feel like putting any more effort into this at the time. Anyway let's start with my observations and issues:

1) The suede: The suede is actually pretty good en feels exactly the same as on the original. Same thickness and what have you. It's just that the color is just a good tone off from the original. The sample I received was still somewhat close or at least in the right direction, but it was clearly lighter than the suede on the original. I wouldn't be able to use the sample to patch up the original jacket if I needed to (hypothetically speaking), because the color difference would be too big. It needs to be darker, and needs to have more black to it.

2) The ribbed side panels: The sample fabric that I received and is used on the ribbed side panel is just plain purple/burgundy red. The material itself is alright, but the color is definitely not, because it needs to be brown with a glint of red. Suzahdi's is worse, because not only is the color wrong, but also the material. Anyway, that ties in with the color used for the stitch thread, because on the original jacket they have the same color.

3) Stitch thread: The color for the stitch thread is... just plain brown (and I mean brown brown) while it should be reddish brown that pops out a little on top the suede. In the comparison pictures you can see the red glint on Suzahdi's jacket and they pop way more than on Magnoli's jacket (which honestly don't pop at all).

4) Fur: The fur samples that I received were IMO unimpressive. On the surface the texture and plushes look ok-ish, but the main issue I have with non-real shearling is that you can easily see the white fabric backing through the fur, especially at the edges where the fur is folded, which often exposes the fabric backing material. Also the colors were still too light. It really needs a more yellow/brownish amber color to it. I feel that the fur color on Suzahdi's jacket is closer to what it should be.

5) Lining material was fine, whatever. The colors were ugly vivid and still burnt my eyes, but the material felt quite sturdy and not flimsy.

But what frustrates me about all of this is that a actual piece of suede of the ORIGINAL brown UGG jacket with stitches has been used to determine the colors and STILL the colors (most notably the stitch thread color) aren't right. I mean, come on! Like I said, I don't really want to put any more effort and energy into it, because it's seemingly pointless and a waste of energy and sanity. Yet at the same time I feel like I can't turn away because there are people who still want an accurate jacket and I have pretty much everything documented about the jacket that can be documented, besides the fact that I have two UGG jackets and pretty much all pictures there of the series jackets on my computer.

Magnoli is using a pattern taken from an original UGG jacket, so that's at least something and I'm sure the quality of manufacturing is fine, but I really don't know if that actually translates to an accurate jacket with the correct model. I mean: if they can't get the colors right from looking at an original piece, why would it be any different with making a pattern from an original UGG jacket laying in front of them as well? Maybe I'm a bit harsh, but it is what it is. It's a classic case of: if you want something done right, do it yourself. Except: one does not simply make your own copy of a suede UGG jacket (and walk into Mordor).

this thread is dying
Nah, it's a slow burn, but it doesn't help if you start septuple (!!!) posting, derailing both the flow of the discussion and replying to random stuff. Perhaps you should also reread some of your posts as well, because you have a very special and unique way of posting that I have yet to see anywhere else. You can edit your own posts, you know...

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back