Walking Dead Rick Jacket

I think the back looks better when you see a more realistic amount of lycra on the sides:

View attachment 706209

Suede section doesn't look as narrow, I've added it anyway, but what I don't want is for the jacket to end up looking more like the original Suzahdi one again, where the back had too much suede and didn't curve in.
when you look at the arm holess on the original they are quiet big and go down the lycra a lot whereas on their jacket it's short y know? I'll try show what I mean

when you look at the arm holess on the original they are quiet big and go down the lycra a lot whereas on their jacket it's short y know? I'll try show what I mean

Yeah I know what you mean, you can see where the stitching on the real jacket goes down the armhole, it goes very vertically down for quite a long way, the arm holes are very wide on the real one basically.

If we want the suede back to be wider, ideally the armholes would have to be altered too.

Back arched line and suede curve.jpgline of stitching under armpit.jpg

The stitching runs down the suede and then under the armpits onto the lycra section, so the armholes need to follow the same line as that suede coming down, the stitching all runs in a line from suede to lycra. And that suede is meant to come down in a straight line. Urgh this is a mind**** to explain in words lol I'm wondering whether to even ask them to make the back suede wider, because it might mess things up.

Just edited the pic to show what i mean, the white lines would have to be where the lycra follows down, and because that's quite a big change, I wouldn't want it to have the opposite affect and ruin the armholes/jacket somehow by being too baggy or something (if Suzahdi aren't used to making the jacket that way etc or if it just doesn't come out right)

Back arched line and suede curve.jpg

Last edited:
Untitled-4.jpg16709440_1250568784997582_1436765665_o (1).jpgthumbnail_IMG_5806.jpg
Yeah I know what you mean, you can see where the stitching on the real jacket goes down the armhole, it goes very vertically down for quite a long way, the arm holes are very wide on the real one basically.

If we want the suede back to be wider, ideally the armholes would have to be altered too.

View attachment 706214View attachment 706215

The stitching runs down the suede and then under the armpits onto the lycra section, so the armholes need to follow the same line as that suede coming down, the stitching all runs in a line from suede to lycra. And that suede is meant to come down in a straight line. Urgh this is a mind**** to explain in words lol I'm wondering whether to even ask them to make the back suede wider, because it might mess things up.
Included a picture here to show what I meant, the red line and arrow is where the arm hole is now, but it should be moved along to where the blue line is even thou looking at is I feel the arm hole stitching should be down a bit further. I feel the shoulder arm holes part should be put down so the arm holes are sitting just over the shoulder if that makes sense to fit better. The yellow line and coloured in is where I think should be cut in order to look more athletic liek the original, and the green is where the stiching should be and more curvy

View attachment 706221View attachment 706222View attachment 706223 Included a picture here to show what I meant, the red line and arrow is where the arm hole is now, but it should be moved along to where the blue line is even thou looking at is I feel the arm hole stitching should be down a bit further. I feel the shoulder arm holes part should be put down so the arm holes are sitting just over the shoulder if that makes sense to fit better. The yellow line and coloured in is where I think should be cut in order to look more athletic liek the original, and the green is where the stiching should be and more curvy

Yeah same idea as the pic I just edited haha, hmmmmmm just wondering how messy that could get for them make it. Could really start to mess with the fit of the jacket if they're not used to making it that way, moving the shoulder lines out wider and the arm hole getting shifted about etc, hmm

Yeah same idea as the pic I just edited haha, hmmmmmm just wondering how messy that could get for them make it. Could really start to mess with the fit of the jacket if they're not used to making it that way, moving the shoulder lines out wider and the arm hole getting shifted about etc, hmm
Don't think it would be too messy tbhits more or less just little details as in moving the shoulder down a bit so that the arm hole has more flexibility therefore will sit better. Their jacket as is still looks boxy and I think its down to the lycra at the back is too big if they follow these photos I feel they would get a better result

- - - Updated - - -

Or even if they put the arm holes down a bit and cut off the lycra on the photo I edited (yellow lines) then it would look more athletic

- - - Updated - - -

Really hope they get this jacket spot on thou I really want to purchase it soon! Can't wait to get my hands on it

updated.jpg updated again.jpgOkay so heres a better version on mine, the light blue is where I think the should and stitching should be for the arm hole and shoulder length, red if for where the leather comes up to the armhole, green is for where I feel the arm should be and a bit wider to fit in length. Yellow is where could cut off or scrap. I done the same on the original picture to show comparison

View attachment 706233 View attachment 706236Okay so heres a better version on mine, the light blue is where I think the should and stitching should be for the arm hole and shoulder length, red if for where the leather comes up to the armhole, green is for where I feel the arm should be and a bit wider to fit in length. Yellow is where could cut off or scrap. I done the same on the original picture to show comparison

I just remade one too, surely for the shoulders though thats all relevant to what size you are/ask for? Is that line where the arm attaches not meant to fit in relation to your shoulder size?

Back arched line and suede curve.jpg

I just remade one too, surely for the shoulders though thats all relevant to what size you are/ask for? Is that line where the arm attaches not meant to fit in relation to your shoulder size?

View attachment 706238
Well if you look on the pic of rick his should is further down, and for the arm size I feel that on the original it is alot bigger which would mean able to move around easier?walking-dead.jpg

I already feared that this would happen. This should help:

View attachment 706249View attachment 706250View attachment 706251View attachment 706253View attachment 706252

Remember that these are measurements for size L.

Some of that should be useful, although some measurements I will be telling them specifics (e.g. Ive had a 27 inch jacket which was too long and a 25 inch jacket which was too short, so I will be asking for it to be 26 inches long, same as my sleeves I'm probably going to want at about 25.5 inches seeing as I know this is the right length)

The picture of the side ribbed fabric is useful, can send them that and ask them to replicate for a medium ish jacket I guess, same as the lower back stitch line being 18cm up for a large, probably about 16cm on a M or something.

For the stitching I think they have it all right now apart from the underarm sections. Only other stitching I haven't seen is the shoulder stitching.

Sure:

7) COLLAR.jpg6) SLEEVES.jpg8) LINING 1.jpg8) LINING 2.jpg10) INSIDE POCKET.jpg11) ZIPPERS & SNAP BUTTONS.jpg

5 is missing (yeah, I can't count :wacko ).

P.S. You only need 6 snap buttons instead of 8 (2 buttons for the outer chest pocket which you don't need).

Yeah I noticed you measured the collar strap up, you want that included? I've not seen it on Ricks

True, but Rick's jacket does have the stud of the snap button on the collar and that can be used as reference point when you start altering the jacket and fold the sides of the collar inwards:

The-Walking-Dead-Season-4-Finale-Previously-Unreleased-Promotional-and-BTS-Photos-4_FULL.jpg

At the time I wasn't sure whether I wanted a replica of the jacket as worn in the series, or a replica of the original UGG jacket. That's why.
And if I still wanted the jacket to be as it was worn in the series I was planning to figure out altering the collar myself, because I thought it would be a nightmare explaining and therefore I preferred to have everything to be as original as possible.

Last edited:
True, but Rick's jacket does have the stud of the snap button on the collar and that can be used as reference point when you start altering the jacket and fold the sides of the collar inwards:

View attachment 706277

At the time I wasn't sure whether I wanted a replica of the jacket as worn in the series, or a replica of the original UGG jacket. That's why. I was planning to figure out altering the collar myself, because I thought it would be a nightmare explaining and therefore I preferred to have everything as original as possible.

Damn, that's still confusing lol, doesn't that suggest the collar is like 5.5cm wide somehow? Even though it really cant be. Can't wrap my head around wtf they've done with the collar to get the button in that position lol

Ahh no, I see now how ****ed up it really is xD they've mentally folded the suede over itself in some weird way

Damn, that's still confusing lol, doesn't that suggest the collar is like 5.5cm wide somehow? Even though it really cant be. Can't wrap my head around wtf they've done with the collar to get the button in that position lol

Ahh no, I see now how ****ed up it really is xD they've mentally folded the suede over itself in some weird way

At the front I guess it's some 6,5 cm wide and the it becomes wider at the back.

Yep, that's what I was trying to show in this picture:

redirect.viglink.com.jpg

It's hard to get exact measurements from looking at the pictures though...

At the front I guess it's some 6,5 cm wide and the it becomes wider at the back.

Yep, that's what I was trying to show in this picture:

View attachment 706278

It's hard to get exact measurements from looking at the pictures though...

Yeah I really don't know, need the collar folded over on itself too, gives it that rounded look, but then that would likely need stitching up tight as mentioned before. This jacket tires me out xD I might show Suzahdi that pic you just sent, it's nice and high res so can show em much easier, will need them to cut the shearling weirdly with a little edge and then fold that edge over. Have the zip run up the first part of the shearling and then run it inside the collar somehow

Hi Like Mike, stumbled across this forum, and it's some really good stuff! In your picture with the current 2 replicas, who makes the one on the left? The tag says "real leather" Thanks.

Hi Like Mike, stumbled across this forum, and it's some really good stuff! In your picture with the current 2 replicas, who makes the one on the left? The tag says "real leather" Thanks.

Hey, got it from a seller on Ebay called majestic_leather2015

The suede quality is really nice on it, but it's not close to the original at all, doesn't even have the ribbed underarm sections

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back