Walking Dead: King County Sheriff's Badge

Very nice!

If you, ya know, wanted someone to make a mold or anything, I know folks here in LA who are in the industry, who could do it... just sayin'...

Ya I know how it is, when I worked on Green Lanten my boss had couple of the REAL Sector 7 badges just in a drawer, was hard not to drool over them.

Having the prop in hand, it seems to match some of the photos / screen caps shown in this thread. It may, in fact, be the one used by Rick. I have to do some side by side photo comparisons. The photos I took don't do it justice, the center seal has much better detail than I could capture in the photos.

Having the prop in hand, it seems to match some of the photos / screen caps shown in this thread. It may, in fact, be the one used by Rick. I have to do some side by side photo comparisons. The photos I took don't do it justice, the center seal has much better detail than I could capture in the photos.

Do you get to keep it? Dying to see the real deal one day!

Do you get to keep it? Dying to see the real deal one day!

I still have it. For a while a metalsmith / jeweler had it to make a mold but it is back with me. The screen used ones, at least in season one, are like this one in that the prop house used foil overlays. The one here is, according to the prop house guy, an older badge used in other shows prior to being rented out for Walking Dead.

Zen ... if you are in the area LMK. It's still at my house.

I just acquired one of the actual props. I can't share it 100% at this time, but here is what I can share.

Here is a screencap I pulled off this thread. Surrounding it are bits from the prop I have in hand.

StarElementscopy.jpg

Here is another cap from this thread, note the arrows showing lines from the foil appliques.

Foil.jpg

Here is a foil sheet of extra panels. I had to mess with the scan settings to even get them to show, but they are gold with black letters.

Seal.jpg

Another shot of the foil.

Foil2.jpg

If / when the owner of this valuable prop says I can post more, I will. Just thought this info would help clarify some issues. Here are some specifics:

1. The hallmark is from a well known California commercial badge manufacturer, one of the best known
2. It has a wardrobe type attachment pin, which is a smaller pin than the usual pin and clasp type as used with police badges. Wardrobes use these as they don't tear fabric up as badly as the pin and clasp.
3. The seal is a single piece, no different than if it were a state seal or other type of center piece. It is not covering up any other symbol, it is attached directly to the body of the badge.
4. I do not know if this is a promo, screen used, screen seen, which season, etc. I do know that the person who provided it to me is a professional prop person employed by one of the biggest prop houses in the industry.
5. It is all gold, with a blue ring around the "bird" and black lettering.
6. The badge, in typical prop world fashion, has the name of a generic agency underneath the foil overlays.

Hmmmm....wonder if someone has some silicon around? :unsure

I THINK we've solved the "silver, silver and gold, all gold?" badge coloring debate. I have to take some specific photos of the real prop to show but essentially the screen used prop is SUPPOSED to be all gold. The actual prop has a silver color base which was thinly plated over in gold, and the letters were applied using gold foil overlays. The gold plating is worn, so the silver shows through, especially so under certain light. When you hold the prop in hand it is obvious, but hard to capture (at least by me) by camera. I will try to photograph it in natural light to illustrate.

Note some of the corner "flaws" on the screen cap and how they match on the prop.

Last edited:
Not too bad... You going to get the ropes for your hat? Did you order two one for shirt and hat?

Yeah, I have the cords and acorns on the hat, just not on in the first pics. And yes, I did order two badges; although Rick hasn't had a badge on his hat in quite a while, and I personally think it's a bit too much bling anyway, So I might let my buddy use the second badge on a second uniform if he decides to go to Dragoncon with me.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/68531572@N08/6797543836/in/photostream

http://www.flickr.com/photos/68531572@N08/6943659803/in/photostream

Last edited:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back