Wachowskis’ Jupiter Ascending (Post-release)

Re: Wachowskis’ Jupiter Ascending

Well, I like the two leads, but without knowing anything about the plot, I'll wait and see. The Wachowski siblings did a fine job with V for Vendetta, but they also couldn't leave The Matrix well enough alone.

Steven Weintraub ‏(aka colliderfrosty on Twitter) of Collider.com mentioned the following. Can't wait to hear more about it.

"Just spoke to Channing Tatum after SIDE EFFECTS press conference. Said what the Wachowskis are planning is the craziest s*** he's ever seen."

I understand if some feel this is just hyperbole like many actors talking about their directors, but when it comes to Wachowskis, no matter what one feels about their movies (post The Matrix) they have kept pushing the boundaries of cinema with their unique visual storytelling techniques. So yeah in this case hyperbole is probably closer to the real deal.

The movie starts shooting on Feb 16, 2013. Additional casting is now taking place in LA, Chicago and in UK (end of March at Warner Bros. Studios, Leavesden).

Last edited:

Well, I like the two leads, but without knowing anything about the plot, I'll wait and see. The Wachowski siblings did a fine job with V for Vendetta, but they also couldn't leave The Matrix well enough alone.

Well to be fair they were having issues during the matrix movies, it was around that time the one brother became a girl isn't it?

ive yet to see a wachowski movie i didnt enjoy, yea the second 2 matrix movies could have been better..... but realistically.... i dont know how they could have followed up the matrix, it was such a mind blowing movie at the time, with so many state of the art effects. it just couldnt be topped. v for vendetta, cloud atlas, both amazing movies... ive yet to see speed racer but i hear good things.

Watching Channing Tatum in anything is painful. The dude can't act. That said, the Wachowski's did manage Keanu's lack of... um, "range" fairly well.

Ok, his scene in In The End was funny.

Watching Channing Tatum in anything is painful. The dude can't act. That said, the Wachowski's did manage Keanu's lack of... um, "range" fairly well.

Ok, his scene in In The End was funny.

They also made a Korean pop star into a total badass. The Wachowski's work miracles.

Sad to say I'm not expecting much.
I want my money back for everything that came after The Matrix and Bound.
I'm hopeful but not expecting much.

I remember reading the plot a while ago, thought it sounded dumb, but the trailer looks really good :)

Seems interesting but it'll take a hell of a lot to not be distracted by how much I hate the leads :(

I hope it's better than Cloud Atlas. I know my opinion isn't very popular, but I really didn't care for Cloud Atlas. It was just too much of a stretch for film.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back