W.I.P. AvP armor

bizenboat

Well like many other people I decided to go the cheap route and make my own armor
A huge thanks to Vin Man for these templates. This shoulder I did today I would have gotten
the other one done too but my GF sniped me for some house work and now it's dark out. So
I had to quit for the day. Anyways I'll be updating this alot here in the future hope I can get
some help from everyone. My current question how should I connect them? Was planning on
riveting them together so they could kind of move better idk would that work well?
update 1
started working on gauntlets, came up with this gauntlet base, I don't know..I don't really like it
but figured i'd share it anyways, still needs some work and of course a top to it.
update 2
finished the blade gauntlet, it has only been sprayed black twice then silver I haven't weathered it yet because i'm still debating
tweaks like mabye some ornamental designs on top or pred writing on each of the layers of armor on top.
the top is just one piece of sintra for the gauntlet top, and both blades are on one piece of sintra that I bent in half and everything
else is foamies on top. thanks again for looking
*update 3*
got the basis of my chest armor done, thought i'd be further on the chest but I'm missing some materials I need. Made groin armor
out of foamies, got the base coat of silver on there but I haven't weathered them yet, and I got that rabbit fur pelt at hobby lobby
for 4 bucks! score. gauntlets finished weathering them. thanks for looking!
IMG_20100912_132130.jpg.gif

damn those pumas are fresh!
IMG_20100912_192306.jpg.gif

IMG_20100912_192326.jpg.gif

IMG_20100917_115716.jpg

IMG_20100917_115631.jpg

IMG_20100917_115649.jpg

IMG_20100917_172748.jpg

wristblades minus some weathering
IMG_20100919_170449.jpg

IMG_20100919_170500.jpg

IMG_20100919_170544.jpg

IMG_20100921_141556.jpg

IMG_20100920_161451.jpg

IMG_20100921_141857.jpg

any comments or suggestions are welcomed
thanks for looking!

Its awesome! can tell your suit is going to come out very well especially when the bio is put together with it!
Good luck on everything else!

good progress so far man. for the shoulders did you mold them tight your shoulder or did you leave a little wider? thanks

Looks pretty good, although the problem I had now was attaching those side curved pieces to the bells....There could be some modifications to those templates to make things more fitting...I found that Sintra plastic (or others that you may be using) sand up pretty nice along edges, and then if you flame them quick along the edge you can get a smooth form with the sharp corners rounded off a bit. I cut my plastic sheet with a fresh blade coping saw, works much better than going at it with a knife blade. I only use a knife when doing straight lines. if you are putting the work into making armor, a little more finishing on the individual pieces will be worth it, take a look at the shoulder bells I did out of Sintra...Although I projected my time and effort out and decided to buy armor from another member....so now the shoulder bells just sit there.....lonely......

Yoslvr: I used a heat gun and they are a little big for just me, but w/muscle suit on they fit like a glove. And that was at 100% size.

Ghanley: you were cutting the sintra with a knife?? a dremel would've done you well eheh. I had to do some further mods to get the bicep armor to fit
under the shoulder bells i kinda bent them in the middle now too so they fit, I attached them with some leather string to the shoulder bells so they hang off, then i have another leather strap at the bottom to hold them to my arm.

Yeah man! Those gaunts are awesome! Especially for a first stab at it! I told ya you could do it. This is going to be an awesome build

excellent. I just printed the templates off and I'm off to kinkos to have them enlarged and copies made. Did you heat the sintra? I'm using wine buckets so there's already a curve, and I have a heat gun. I just have to be gentle with it or it will melt the plastic. LOL! Great work doode, and props to vin for the templates.

I'm stopping updating this topic and moving all my progress to "overall work in progress" http://www.thehunterslair.com/index.php?showtopic=20323

excellent. I just printed the templates off and I'm off to kinkos to have them enlarged and copies made. Did you heat the sintra? I'm using wine buckets so there's already a curve, and I have a heat gun. I just have to be gentle with it or it will melt the plastic. LOL! Great work doode, and props to vin for the templates.

Yep used a heat gun to bend it real nice, good luck with the buckets I bet it'll be easier than the sintra, cutting sintra cleanly is a pain in the ass.

Yoslvr: Thanks man, it's not as hard as it seems you just have to dive into it full throttle and you'll get good results!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back