Voyager from Fantastic Voyage-FINISHED PICS!

Re: Voyager from Fantastic Voyage

I also have fond memories of the show and built the original kit in the... what was it... late Sixties? Early Seventies? Anyway... GREAT job. Every time I saw the soda machine fountain jets at an ice cream shop I always thought of those curved CMDF emitters (the three towers that shrink the ship). Good luck with the finish of your build!

How "white" is the primer? Is it as white as white paint? I'd compare them, if it is then just clear it.

Looking good :thumbsup I never had any interest in this kit, but this is making me want one :lol

It's white as white. I think I'll just hit it with a clearcoat, apply the intake and engine exhaust decals, then seal with clearcoat again and call it done.

Last edited:

Just gave her a coat of Krylon Satin acrylic clearcoat. Says it'll be dry to the touch in an hour. I'll check it at 2:30.

Checked at 3:00 and the clearcoat was nice and dry. Noticed a few dark specs and was able to wetsand them off with 600 grit using a circular motion. Then I had to shoot those sanded spots with some mroe Krylon. Looking good though.

Well, let's see let's see let's see!

Well okay then...Here are the finished pics!

IMG_1837small.jpg

IMG_1854small.jpg

IMG_1878small.jpg

IMG_1855small.jpg

IMG_1857small.jpg

IMG_1897small.jpg

IMG_1860small.jpg

IMG_1866small.jpg

IMG_1877small.jpg

IMG_1851small.jpg

IMG_1858small.jpg

IMG_1888small.jpg

IMG_1900small.jpg

Lots more pics in my photobucket album here:

Voyager from Fantastic Voyage pictures by Trekriffic - Photobucket

Thanks to all the members of the RPF who accompanied me during this build. It was, appropriately enough, a...
FANTASTIC VOYAGE!

:)

What an Awesome Build, Indeed! I love the custom work on the scale figures! Let's talk business, trekriffic, for '2013, please! -B. G.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back