Voodoo Pin kit by "azrael"

Protoss

Edit March 2016: The pictures crashed with the upload service and I have neither the pics nor the pin anymore. Sorry folks!

"azrael" a fellow member of the German Indy Board offers a Voodoo-Pin-Kit. He made the original one by scratch and offers some casts of it occasionally.

This is the kit (without the accessories) I received. Really good! Very few pinholes and a crisp cast.
dsci1609.jpg

On the back of the Pin - obvious very close to the one made by "Relicmaker" - I cut some further detailing
To show the difference - right side with left one without the furrows
dsci1610.jpg

The middle leaves seemed to be a tad small, so I used some putty to build them up and sanded some ridges.
dsci1611.jpg

The teeth on the bottom of the pin were pointing downwards, so I cut them of and applied them again pointing sideward to come closer to the original Pin.
dsci1612h.jpg

Further detailing with thin ABS-sheets on the leafs, minor carving on the skull and sockets for the crystals on the back.
dsci1621.jpg

The primed Pin ready to putty the last pinholes.
dsci1625.jpg

Paint-job done. The left horn has been removed for screen accuracy.
dsci1652.jpg

The kit has everything you need to finish it. IMO the feathers seem to be too small and the crystals are not quiet fitting.
So I bought additional accessories for a few Euros.
dsci1657c.jpg

First crystals glued on
dsci1659.jpg

With all the stones and the feathers
dsci1751.jpg

With a light weathering
dsci1756.jpg

And done!
dsci1758.jpg

Thanks 'azrael' for that superb kit!

Last edited:
Looks great!! what will your final material be? would you be willing to share dimensions of this piece? I would like to try my own sculpt of this!! Kindly

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back