Voodoo Pin kit by "azrael"

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by Protoss, Dec 17, 2011.

1. Protoss

Protoss Active Member

Edit March 2016: The pictures crashed with the upload service and I have neither the pics nor the pin anymore. Sorry folks!

"azrael" a fellow member of the German Indy Board offers a Voodoo-Pin-Kit. He made the original one by scratch and offers some casts of it occasionally.

This is the kit (without the accessories) I received. Really good! Very few pinholes and a crisp cast.
    [​IMG]

On the back of the Pin - obvious very close to the one made by "Relicmaker" - I cut some further detailing
    To show the difference - right side with left one without the furrows
    [​IMG]

The middle leaves seemed to be a tad small, so I used some putty to build them up and sanded some ridges.
    [​IMG]

The teeth on the bottom of the pin were pointing downwards, so I cut them of and applied them again pointing sideward to come closer to the original Pin.
    [​IMG]

Further detailing with thin ABS-sheets on the leafs, minor carving on the skull and sockets for the crystals on the back.
    [​IMG]

The primed Pin ready to putty the last pinholes.
    [​IMG]

Paint-job done. The left horn has been removed for screen accuracy.
    [​IMG]

The kit has everything you need to finish it. IMO the feathers seem to be too small and the crystals are not quiet fitting.
    So I bought additional accessories for a few Euros.
    [​IMG]

First crystals glued on
    [​IMG]

With all the stones and the feathers
    [​IMG]

With a light weathering
    [​IMG]

And done!
    [​IMG]

Thanks 'azrael' for that superb kit!

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
    rollerboi likes this.
  2. rollerboi

rollerboi Sr Member

This looks absolutely fantastic. Nice work putting that baby together. :thumbsup

3. Protoss

Protoss Active Member

Thanks a lot!
    At least some feedback ;)

4. DocBrown

DocBrown New Member

Looks great!! what will your final material be? would you be willing to share dimensions of this piece? I would like to try my own sculpt of this!! Kindly

5. Figure5901

Figure5901 Active Member

Beautiful work! Do you also have a voodoo doll to go with it?