Vintage British 303 No1 MK3 Lee Enfield based SBR Live Fire ANH Jawa Ion Blaster

enaswede

Sr Member
Gone but not forgotten.
This is a vintage British 303 No1 MK3 Lee Enfield based SBR Live Fire ANH Jawa Ion Blaster.

(Gunsmith Testing Video):

00.jpg

01.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

06.jpg

09.jpg

11.jpg

13.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

The display is great, but I'm a little heartsick at the idea of cutting up a working No. 3 rifle. Please tell me the stock was all wrecked or something!

On a serious note, wouldn't cutting down the rifle like that make it massively illegal in most countries?

The display is great, but I'm a little heartsick at the idea of cutting up a working No. 3 rifle. Please tell me the stock was all wrecked or something!

On a serious note, wouldn't cutting down the rifle like that make it massively illegal in most countries?
No, it was not damaged but it now exists in a better form in my opinion. :)
I am not familiar with the laws in other countries but here where I live to legally complete this build I had to acquire a federal short barrel license to complete the build. :ninja:

It looks great, the Jawa Enfield rifle build was one of my favorties to do. The stand looks great too, where did you get it?

Excellent build! I am having so much trouble finding the receiver part where the bolt slides in.
I am hoping to find a cast of one. I realize that it is the critical part for a real gun and I don’t want a live fire version, as cool as that is. Okay, yes, I want, but not while the kids are still in the house!
1665946668443.jpeg

On a side note, that butt stock piece can be purchased easily and inexpensively both repro and new old stock. So, no worries about cutting a few down for our entertainment!

Nice, I don't think I would want to actually shoot something like this beyond a sled setup with a pull cord. If you have ever shot a No1 MK.III, the have a real punch in the recoil area for a heavy battle rifle. Kick much worse than a M1, 1903, M1917, or any US Battle rifle of the same era.

Great display, I have thought about making one of these. You used to be able to find sporterized versions in pawn shop and even flea markets for less than $100. The hard part is the cup grenade launcher.

Well, I am in California, which they excluded from the sale.
This rifle I want to display with a Jawa or two and droids. I am hoping I will find a casting of that piece. I have the grenade launcher and a butt stock to cut down, a bolt and a clip. So 30-40%? I built one years ago, but using mostly resin cast parts. No memory of who I got the parts from and it seems to have buried itself in a box of parts somewhere or walked off a convention display. I had also replaced parts with real parts, though they were easier to get and less expensive back then.

Nice, I don't think I would want to actually shoot something like this beyond a sled setup with a pull cord. If you have ever shot a No1 MK.III, the have a real punch in the recoil area for a heavy battle rifle. Kick much worse than a M1, 1903, M1917, or any US Battle rifle of the same era.

Great display, I have thought about making one of these. You used to be able to find sporterized versions in pawn shop and even flea markets for less than $100. The hard part is the cup grenade launcher.
I have shot both versions many times... with the barrel being shorter... it takes a lot of the kick out of it. ;)

Well, I am in California, which they excluded from the sale.
This rifle I want to display with a Jawa or two and droids. I am hoping I will find a casting of that piece. I have the grenade launcher and a butt stock to cut down, a bolt and a clip. So 30-40%? I built one years ago, but using mostly resin cast parts. No memory of who I got the parts from and it seems to have buried itself in a box of parts somewhere or walked off a convention display. I had also replaced parts with real parts, though they were easier to get and less expensive back then.
You could get one from Blaster Factory: ;)
jawa Archives - Blaster Factory

Yes, if I had the money. However, with the trigger mech, butt stock, clip and grenade launcher, I’d still have enough to want to do a build of one.
:)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back