Villains Cast in new Batman Movie: "The Dark Knight Rises"

As a huge Nightwing fan, I'm more interested to see if they work in Robin.

Past that, I'll wait til I see what they do in the movie before passing judgement. Still, why oh why couldn't they have used Scarface?

have faith, though. Nolan doesn't eff around.

Unless the story involves a woman in which case they're totally screwed. And wouldn't you know it? This film is going to actually have lots of that. I'm still betting that Catwoman becomes emotionally traumatized and kills herself halfway through the movie.

I still think JGL could have been accepted as a replacement joker.

jkr.jpg

Mark Paul Gosselaer or GTFO:thumbsup

i would love it if they cast robin williams as the vantriequist/scarface. after one hour photo i think he could do a very creepy scarface

i would love it if they cast robin williams as the vantriequist/scarface. after one hour photo i think he could do a very creepy scarface

Not to mention the fact that he's worked with Nolan before in Insomnia, which I thought Williams did a great job in.

Here’s the full press release:
MARION COTILLARD AND JOSEPH GORDON-LEVITT CAST IN CHRISTOPHER NOLAN’S “THE DARK KNIGHT RISES”
BURBANK, CA, April 19, 2011 – Warner Bros. Pictures announced today that Oscar® winner Marion Cotillard (“La Vie en Rose”) and Joseph Gordon-Levitt have joined the cast of “The Dark Knight Rises,” the epic conclusion to the Dark Knight legend.
Cotillard will appear as Miranda Tate, a Wayne Enterprises board member eager to help a still-grieving Bruce Wayne resume his father’s philanthropic endeavors for Gotham. Gordon-Levitt will play John Blake, a Gotham City beat cop assigned to special duty under the command of Commissioner Gordon.

http://www.slashfilm.com/joseph-gordonlevitt-marion-cotillards-dark-knight-rises-roles-revealed/

They also claim that Cotillard is playing a Wayne Enterprises exec, not Talia Al-Ghul. I have a feeling she'll end up being Al-Ghul's daughter - I don't know about Levitt though. Can't see them pulling two side character switches in the one film...

What? No Catwoman images?? :(

Fans had to work Friday morning to reveal the first official image of Bane from The Dark Knight Rises. Along with Thursday’s unexciting press release announcing the beginning of production on Christopher Nolan‘s highly anticipated third part in his Batman trilogy, The Dark Knight Rises, Warner Bros. also launched the film’s official website The Dark Knight Rises. Originally, if you clicked over there, it was just a black image with some really weird chanting. A fan was able to look at the visual spectrum of that audio file and in it was…a Twitter Hashtag. You can’t make this stuff up. The hashtag, #thefirerises, when tweeted, slowly revealed, pixel by pixel, some kind of image on the site.

Now, that image has been revealed. It’s Tom Hardy as Bane

copied from /Film.com

assuming theres going to be another full viral campaign for this film much like the dark knight, whos gonna follow it?

anyone reckon we should start a threat following the game?

I'm not so big on Bane, he's a great bad guy in comics, games, and animation but live action he'll just look odd. I'd rather see Hugo Strange or some other villain you don't see often.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back