Done / Completed VERA KIT, (RUN IS DONE!)

Re: VERA KIT, (Firefly & Showtime)

I Was aiming to build a Vera using mostly printed parts but other bits too.

Started collecting
DSC_0202.JPGDSC_0200.JPG
DSC_0198.JPGDSC_0199.JPG

Too many projects so will have to let Vera go...

Have a great build people.

D

I Was aiming to build a Vera using mostly printed parts but other bits too.

Well, this is an interest thread for the resin kit version, not printed parts. But I have offered those on occasion, but very rarely since a set costs 3X what the resin version does! and takes many weeks to make.

While we've got the thread bumped, here's a work-in-progress shot of a replica I'm building from printed parts for another RPFer. Folding barrel!

vbarrel.jpg

Well, this is an interest thread for the resin kit version, not printed parts. But I have offered those on occasion, but very rarely since a set costs 3X what the resin version does! and takes many weeks to make.

While we've got the thread bumped, here's a work-in-progress shot of a replica I'm building from printed parts for another RPFer. Folding barrel!

View attachment 434574

Sorry meant resin parts..:facepalm

When will this be completed and rdy to ship out do u think? And also are you still selling these?

To answer you second question first:
The kits hasn't even begun "selling" yet. ; )

I hope this kit will be casting and underway before summer. (I did just get a message from Morganthirteen saying that he'll have some progress shots of the master/molds very soon!)

Hey guys,

A small update to show that progress IS being done on the master. Morganthirteen just is crazy busy with projects with folks pulling at him from left and right so it's just taking a lot longer than I figured, but see below for the latest progress shots.

vera1.jpgvera2.jpg

still here and waiting

And it's still happening!

I might also be putting up a set of fully finished (painted) master parts in the junkyard soon for around $1300. (Original commission cost for them was $2500.) The barrel assembly of the set was shown in post 123.

I was just introduced to this thread, Ill be watching the progress closely from now on because I must have!

Sorry guys. Just went though a big move and thus forgot to chime in here. Progress is being made, some parts have been molded, but M13 has been so full up with daytime work and other commitments that he has had to prioritize over this, so it's slow going. The quality he aims for and the complexity of the parts means that you just don't throw this into silicone and hope for the best. It IS happening but I'm not going to give an end-date at this point. Last week we discussed the D-LAP and AN/VPS scope amongst other things. It's going to get done, but it's going to get done right even if it takes time.

If someone is in a hurry to build Vera, I can still do the more expensive fully 3d printed parts kits that will allow you to have a folding barrel, working trigger, removable shells and other functional options. PM for that but be warned that it's at least a $1K expense depending on options.

Tagged for interest. Is the run full (sorry I didn't read all the middle pages) or is it still in the design phase, and open?

Last edited:

Tagged for interest. Is the true full (sorry I didn't read all the middle pages) or is it still in the design phase, and open?

It's currently being molded, with a few parts still being assembled. Definitely not a closed run by any means so anyone that wants one will have a chance.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back