Done / Completed VERA KIT, (RUN IS DONE!)

re: VERA KIT, (Firefly & Showtime)

SInce I'm too old to remember and too lazy to look it up, what optic and mount was used? I may be able to get you something.

I can't recall if this was the 8rd or 10rd box mag, but the real Saiga-12 mags are straight not curved like AKs. I've got some 10rd polymags.

ANVPS 18 monocular... can't recall the mount off the top of my head.

Haven't been able to work on this the past couple of weeks- finishing up other projects and some other stuff got in the way, but it's not going away.

ANVPS 18 monocular... can't recall the mount off the top of my head.

Haven't been able to work on this the past couple of weeks- finishing up other projects and some other stuff got in the way, but it's not going away.

After a bit of searching, I found an AN/PVS-14 that looks nearly identical to the PVS-18, but it's an airsoft copy so it's cheap and comes with a mount. If I can get it I'll let you know.

The more I look at "Vera" the more I feel like they used a standard 8-rd mag to cut and build on. They're easily had and relatively cheap. The same is true about the brass shells they used to mock up the rounds.

Finally, is that a laser sight on the front of the rail?

My Alice/Vera had the 14 airsoft scope in the beginning because there was no 18 replica available, but there is now. (I have one, but no mount yet- they are faurly different.)

A real saiga mag will be of no use in this kit build. The mag exterior has already been constructed to look accurate and there is so little of the base mag visible. that it wouldn't make a difference.

I also used real brass shells in my metal build. They're good for Hellboy's Samaritan too if you cut them down a bit. :)

After a bit of searching, I found an AN/PVS-14 that looks nearly identical to the PVS-18, but it's an airsoft copy so it's cheap and comes with a mount. If I can get it I'll let you know.

The more I look at "Vera" the more I feel like they used a standard 8-rd mag to cut and build on. They're easily had and relatively cheap. The same is true about the brass shells they used to mock up the rounds.

Finally, is that a laser sight on the front of the rail?

I am in for either a full kit or the conversion kit for a Denix AK. I love that show and would love to own Jaynes gun.

My Alice/Vera had the 14 airsoft scope in the beginning because there was no 18 replica available, but there is now. (I have one, but no mount yet- they are faurly different.)

A real saiga mag will be of no use in this kit build. The mag exterior has already been constructed to look accurate and there is so little of the base mag visible. that it wouldn't make a difference.

I also used real brass shells in my metal build. They're good for Hellboy's Samaritan too if you cut them down a bit. :)

All the airsoft PVS-18s I found didn't show the rubber eye cup, but the PVS-14 did ... Either way it's all the same to me. :) The mount looks (to me) like the standard weapon mount for the monocular.

I hear ya about the mag. Just trying to help.

All the airsoft PVS-18s I found didn't show the rubber eye cup, but the PVS-14 did ... Either way it's all the same to me. :) The mount looks (to me) like the standard weapon mount for the monocular.

I hear ya about the mag. Just trying to help.

Understood and appreciated. ;)

The mount is a GG&G tall mount, old version. Easy enough to model in 3d for printing. We'll sort the eye cup somehow.

Color me interested in an airsoft conversion kit. I'm a new guy here but am quite keen on throwing together a Jayne costume for some upcoming cons, and I figure this is the best way to do it right. :) Joatrash; you're awesome and your work is amazing. Thanks for undertaking these projects and giving us hope. :)

Just to reiterate, there will not be a separate "bolt-on" kit for airsofts- it's just not possible with the current interest-cost ratio to cater to each case. You will still need to do a bit of modding, especially to the magazine, which will need to be cut up and fitted to a "working" one. What we ARE going to do is cast the kit so that the resin receiver and other parts are easily replaced with an airsoft or other replica. For those that intend to do that, the cost will be slightly less due to less parts per kit...

Bumping this to the top. As our Oblivion kit is now out, I will be turning attention to this after Halloween. Slightly worried that we will not end up with enough committed backers to make this happen, so again- please only sign up if you truly intend on getting one when the time comes.

Interested in one though I need to find someone to build me one.

But I do very much want a Vera and since spots need to fill up for it to be a go count me in, down for the deposit whenever it's at that stage :)

Last edited:

I imagine someone could be hired to do a build up for you. ;)

Assuming I have the bandwidth at the time I'd offer to...

I'm assuming a yes as well which is why I'm willing to get a spot secured ;p Normally I'd wait but if spots are needed for this to be a go I'm definitely in, someone ready or not ;p I wrote the first sentence of that post and though for a second then the 2nd bit so it doesn't match up :p Gonna edit.

It's going to be a late Xmas present for some this year. Now with Halloween out of the way I am back to working on this. It's pretty remarkable how many small details I am finding that I missed or just skipped over when I did my metal copy, as I go through each piece.

It's going to be a late Xmas present for some this year. Now with Halloween out of the way I am back to working on this. It's pretty remarkable how many small details I am finding that I missed or just skipped over when I did my metal copy, as I go through each piece.

Oh how I wish I had Alice :p Amazing job on that btw ^^

Thanks guys. :) Small update. Still working on updating the models. Right now I don't know if I should have the print done at a vendor or wait until I have my own printer.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back