Done / Completed VERA KIT, (RUN IS DONE!)

re: VERA KIT, (Firefly & Showtime)

Another update. The reference that is available now compared to when I built my metal "Alice" shows a lot of small details that was impossible to make out a few years ago. So I'm going over each piece and adding detail as I go. Here is a work-in-progress shot of the buttplate. vera_redux_002.jpg

Looking good! I'm very excited to see the end result!

Hey all. I've been silent for a couple weeks now, working on various projects (Oblivion, Robocop, Dredd) but here is a fairly significant update!

muzzleprint_sm.jpg

We've done a test print of the muzzle on a Makerbot, in three pieces. Now the surface looks quite rough since this is a "home grade" printer, but we're going to see what it takes to make the piece perfect. If it's too hard, I am looking into having the entire master pattern printed on a professional SLS machine. The startup cost will be in the realm of buying a SDS Pulse Rifle, but this project deserves doing right.

You know I'm throwing money at the screen right now.
I must have it. You're making a dream come true with this beautiful thing.

When do you think you'll be looking for money for this? I'd definitely be interested in a brightly coloured, disassembled kit to be sent to Canada (because of our crazy replica gun laws)

When do you think you'll be looking for money for this? I'd definitely be interested in a brightly coloured, disassembled kit to be sent to Canada (because of our crazy replica gun laws)

Realistically- not before October/November or thereabouts, maybe even later. We have to get the Oblivion pistol done first and the Vera master pattern will take some time. Canada should be fine, bright color or no. Vera is not a real production firearm and should therefore not be an issue in Canada from what I've been told.

Definitely in for a complete kit, brightly coloured as im in the UK.

Much love to you for making this AMAZING prop!

Alright then, count me in for one! As long as I know a week or two before you're ready for payments, I'm good to go :)

Alright then, count me in for one! As long as I know a week or two before you're ready for payments, I'm good to go :)

Well, as long as you keep tabs on this thread you will have a pretty big heads-up! ;)

Oh yes, I'll certainly be keeping tabs on it. I've got notifications enabled to help with that ;)

I'm in for a kit as well.

Ended up doubleposting, I only need one kit

Last edited:

Likewise! Subscribed and very interested!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

There was a request over on Fireflyprops about at least including the scope mount for the monocular since it's very hard to find so I will definitely model it up. Hopefully we could also get someone to lend us a real scope to cast.

SInce I'm too old to remember and too lazy to look it up, what optic and mount was used? I may be able to get you something.

Ok, guys we'll see what can be arranged!:)

Note that since all airsoft kits are different, some modding might be needed. I also don't know what we'll do about the magazine yet... the AKs is VERY curved in comparison to Vera's...

I can't recall if this was the 8rd or 10rd box mag, but the real Saiga-12 mags are straight not curved like AKs. I've got some 10rd polymags.

I was interested, but after seeing the absolute badassery of my lawgiver from ya'all I am IN, IN, IN!!!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back