Venture Brother - H.E.L.P.eR.

Conqueror_Worm

I've begun work on what will hopefully, one day, be a 1:1 H.E.L.P.eR. from the tv show The Venture Brothers. This is what I have so far- http://i443.photobucket.com/albums/qq153/The_Conqueror_Worm/HELPeR/Helper9.png
Modeled him in autodesk inventor. I'm hoping to start with maybe a 1:4 pepakura version, if i can figure out how to import an .ipt or .idv.
Questions:
Anyone want to guess his height? I currently have him at 6'.
Any suggestions for improvements to the model? It is hard replicate something that changes every frame...
Any easy way to unfold a .ipt or .idv or should i just redraw it in Metasquoia?

Screen shots-
HELPeR pictures by The_Conqueror_Worm - Photobucket

Awesome idea! I think a little bit shorter would probably be a bit more accurate though, maybe 5' 9" or so? And you could make the bottom part out of a desk chair a lot easier than pepping. I can't wait to see what you do with this.

go team venture!! i could definitely see the bottom being made out of a mic stand kinda like this one. it would also give you a start on your framework for this guy. you could pep a shell to go over it to make it look more like HELPeRs. just an idea.

227697.jpg

back to your question about how tall he is. a quick google search came up with this pic. this one looks pretty tall, not sure who the henchman is.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64439604@N00/3716423054

Last edited:
I was thinking about using a chair for the bottom part but I haven't seen any with only 4 legs. The mic stand with a pep shell is sort of what I currently have in mind but I'll probably weld my own frame.
I have only seen two helpers made, and that one is the nicer of the two. I think it was made by this guy- featherweightCosplay | Home

I started a helper builders club on yahoo groups if anyone is interested- helperbuilders : H.E.L.P.eR. Builders
seems like all the other bots have one...

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back