Vader SL finished and ready to ship

juajn7fernandez

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey guys! I just realized I havent posted a new thread on the RPF in a while (outside of the Junkyard that is). So what better way to get back to posting, than to share with you all this SL I just finished for my good friend Piers. Went with fully functional 3M apple tabs for the mounting system and some early 70's Volvo mesh for the vents. Hope you guys like it as much as I enjoyed working on it :

SL-Piers-01.jpg

SL-Piers-02.jpg

SL-Piers-03.jpg

SL-Piers-04.jpg

SL-Piers-05.jpg

Here are some shots of the tabs when I was installing the system. The tabs on the mask are original vintage Apple 3M tabs. The ones on the wooden block are for vintage corvette door panels. The wooden block was attached to the inside of the dome with fiberglass. I didn’t take pictures of the finished dome interior, but I’ll post a picture of an original tour dome with a similar mounting configuration.

IMG_1584.jpg
IMG_1583.jpg
IMG_1581.jpg
IMG_1582.jpg

Here are some shots of the tabs when I was installing the system. The tabs on the mask are original vintage Apple 3M tabs. The ones on the wooden block are for vintage corvette door panels. The wooden block was attached to the inside of the dome with fiberglass. I didn’t take pictures of the finished dome interior, but I’ll post a picture of an original tour dome with a similar mounting configuration.

View attachment 1027583View attachment 1027584View attachment 1027585View attachment 1027586

Wicked!!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back