Vader Items.

Discussion in 'Star Wars Costumes and Props' started by Bountyhunter Niko, May 23, 2006.

1. Bountyhunter Niko

Bountyhunter Niko Well-Known Member

Hi there.

The same guy offering the Vader lid is also offering the rest of the Hard Parts. Is this stuff any good? How much would you pay?

[​IMG]

Thanx , Niko. ( Vader novice.)

2. CTF

CTF Sr Member

Hard to hell from the pic but...

Shins are GT ABS - they're nice but the FG versions are nicer.

Chest box and belt are GT as well (from what I can tell) and aren't accurate but good for trooping.

Chest armour seems to be a painted GT - not sure what version though. Once again, good for trooping.

Helmet? Dunno. Almost impossible to tell in a profile shot... But I can see that the paint on the dome isn't that good, but then again, I'm guessing that's just compression. :) Ask for a better pic of this.

Hope that helps.

3. Bountyhunter Niko

4. GundamZeppelin

GundamZeppelin Sr Member

if it's from the ebay seller (x_t_r_m) i think it is then the shins are fiberglass.. i would think if your getting it for a little over 1000 or under your getting a far deal. everyone i know that delt with him where pleased.

5. Bountyhunter Niko

<div class='quotetop'>(GundamZeppelin @ May 24 2006, 06:46 PM) [snapback]1249600[/snapback]</div>
    Hi there.

I have been offered these items from a guy down here in OZ. He was putting together a Vader - but has chosen not to. He is a little vague on the origins. He thinks they came from a guy in Brazil. He has offered them to me for cheap. About $800 US. or for a trade for a TK or TB.

But I just brought a Rubies from the Junk yard. Would people keep the Rubies or go with this Armour? ( I will keep the Pleather from the Rubies.)

Thanx , Niko.

6. GundamZeppelin

GundamZeppelin Sr Member

GO FOR IT.. 800 for everything is a great deal... the helmet else where might get you for at least 400.
    the cheapest i seen a good gt chest box go for is 175 to 250 and the belt the same 175 to 250 at the cheapest. and the chest armor for a GT the cheapest i have seen for 235..but that is after you shop around.
    If its from the ebay seller x_t_r_m the buy it now for the armor you had shown for 1500.00 or somthing like that

Here is what my rubies looks like after a ton of work.R.O.T.J face style with a ANH widows peak
    [​IMG]

its up to you. Good luck with your buy :D

7. SithLord

SithLord Sr Member

Ya that stuff is definitely better than Rubies...for $800 that is quite decent...considering it's all finished/assembled. Most of the value would be in the helmet so you're getting a great deal on the other stuff...assuming the armor is a reasonable size...the shins look good...

8. Darth Kahnt

Darth Kahnt Sr Member

I paid $1200 for my helmet and chest armor. I would say $800 for all that is a fair price even if it needs a little work.

9. lambotour

lambotour Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Just FYI, "XTRM" from ebay is TMP here on the RPF. You may want to contact him, but for the price it's a good deal.

10. JoeR

JoeR Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>(GundamZeppelin @ May 24 2006, 12:00 PM) [snapback]1249630[/snapback]</div>
    GD that looks amazing, great job. Excuse the OT.

Joe

11. ob1al

ob1al Sr Member

$800 is a great price for all these items IMO. assuming they are all up to scratch. More pics would be good, its hard to make a judgement with only the side shot of the helmet in particular.

$800 - a top quality set of armour can go for that much in the junkyard here, so all in all it does sound like a good deal - assuming the pieces are all decent quality.

12. GundamZeppelin

GundamZeppelin Sr Member