Vader/graflex clamp

kermit

So I've been looking into possible alternatives for clamps and such, and I stumbled upon this on ebay:

s-l64.jpg
Would the clamp on this look like it'll work?

Last edited:
I have one of these without the vertical bar. They aren't a match by any standards, but they are camera flash clamps with the general shape. They will hold a card or bubbles and look awesome.

They are not folded metal with sidebars and a lever. They are multiple pieces riveted together, and thus tend to run on the looser side with the lever tight

I found a great pre-made replica clamp online if you want a link. or google search johns other spot on the web, blas-tech I think? it ran about 50. I found a diy to make a scratch build using metal tape, but I couldn't ever get it to look like anything. Or if you wanted to add the side bars to that one, you can take the inner screw to home depot and try to match it?

- - - Updated - - -

You may be able to dremel grind that one down? I'd have to try it to see.

Last edited:
You could pick up a clamp lever from someone who took it off of theirs off to make an ESB version.

Or if you were going for ESB you could add sidebars and a bolt and forget the lever

If you're wanting an ANH Vader and need just the lever, I think I have a spare lever from my Parks MPP. You'll need the bolt and pin to hold it but I do have one if you're just looking for just one lever. In fact, if you're going for an ANH Vader, you'll just need a nail and glue the lever onto it.

Like James said before me, if you're wanting an ESB Vader, you can forget the lever; you'll just need the bolt and pin.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back