VacTable Heating Suggestion??

coop0589

I'm looking to make a Vacuform Table that will pull 24" x 24". Something similar to the protoform. The only issue with that table is the heat is drawn from the top whereas I will need the heat drawn from the bottom because I'm going to use chrome ABS. So, what I'm looking at doing is making a heat box with ceramic lining or something.

I'm needing suggestion on what I should build the table out of and a heat source. Thanks.

My vacform is still a work in progress but the heater works a treat. It is 4 x 500watt (we have 240V in Australia) halogen lights. I am going to add a small fan to assist in "fan forcing" the air to the sheet.

A while back, I did my first bit of fibre-glassing and it was not curing. I was told that I needed to heat the glass to get it to cure and probably have to leave the light on all night. So I used my heater above the project and 20min later, it was smoking.

The reason I went this route was because I have used the top of an Easy Cooker which also used halogen lights and a fan. That unit only heats a small area, but will reach 250 degrees C.

You only need 130 for ABS and about 180 for Perspex.

I'm needing suggestion on what I should build the table out of and a heat source. Thanks.

I built a Vacuform rig 25" x 25". For the table I used peg board reinforced by 1' x 2" boards. For the heating element, I bought two toaster ovens from Goodwill. I made the box from ceramic fire brick, .125 angle iron, and .125 flat stock. I wired the heating elements together to a thermostat in the top box and used the toaster oven fans to make the heat consistent. Hope this helps!

I built a Vacuform rig 25" x 25". For the table I used peg board reinforced by 1' x 2" boards. For the heating element, I bought two toaster ovens from Goodwill. I made the box from ceramic fire brick, .125 angle iron, and .125 flat stock. I wired the heating elements together to a thermostat in the top box and used the toaster oven fans to make the heat consistent. Hope this helps!

This helps a lot, thanks.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back