Vacformed Warhammer 40k Space Marine Armor - NEW SUIT DONE Pics on p.17

Re: Vacformed Warhammer 40k Space Marine Armor

Sorry for the lack of posts. There's been a lot of craziness and a couple of other projects. Here's one:

I did a bit of bondo work on the shins and kneepad for the Space Marine armor yesterday, but there's not much to look at so I didn't take any pics yet.

Stay tuned...

The terminator helmet looks good so far. Along with your beeky you just need to make a standard one now :)

How did you manage to kill your vac table ?

Good grief, the terminator helm is hard enough to pep together, let alone cleaning it up for a cast.

Thank you all for the kind words. Sorry for the lack of updates. When it became clear that this project wasn't going to come together for Halloween, it lost a lot of momentum.

That said, we got back to work on this project yesterday. Mostly we cut up the arm parts to make them into forming bucks:

They still need to be set up with spacers to make them useful for forming, but they're coming along. Meanwhile, the leg parts still need some more attention in the bondo department before they get cut up similarly. Hopefully we'll be forming those parts in a week or so.

Stay tuned...

As a 40K fan since the first Rogue Trader book, I am in heaven reading this thread. Ah, to be able to spend a few days in your workshop!!

I've made a bit of progress on the greaves. Here's the inside of the shin portion after it was cut apart:

Here's the outside of the calf:

The white parts are additional portions of card stock which were glued in place to give the fiberglass a shape to conform to. The whole thing was also framed with MDF on the bottom before I glassed it together:

Tomorrow I'll do the same thing with the shin half. I still have to do a bit of work on the boot parts and then I'll be able to form everything below the knee.

hey man that quite an undercut you've got on the greaves will you be able to pull the plastic off the form? Or will you cut it off? Great project love the progress!

I've been filling in the undercuts at the knee and ankle openings. Should be making pulls of those pieces today.

In other news, I pulled the first set of forearm parts yesterday:

Here's some of it assembled:

The elbow seam takes a bit more work than I'd like. Here you can see me grinding down the filler:

We should be able to get the rest of the arm parts put together in the next day or so. Then I'll need to get back to work on the inside parts of the shoulder plates. Stay tuned...

Thanks for the compliments, guys.

We now have a lower leg:

I've also started sculpting out the fingers:

The pinky finger is on the left.

Those should come together over the next couple of days.

Stay tuned...

I have to concur with everyone else on here, this is going to look so boss when it is finished!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back