Vacformed Warhammer 40k Space Marine Armor - NEW SUIT DONE Pics on p.17

Re: Vacformed Warhammer 40k Space Marine Armor - Finished Suit Pics on p.17

Just five so far. I'm planning on two more and massively re-vamping a couple of the ones I've already made. So as the pictures get posted it might look like more.

For right now, I've got a bolt pistol in progress:

Right now it's in primer. I'll be painting it up over the next couple of days.

Liked the green one, the Ultramarines are just sweet as!
Great work Thor'

I've been invited to have one or two of these guys walking around at the Hobby Expo being held at the Petaluma Community Center on February 9th. You can see more info about the event (which looks to be pretty cool) here: ipmssantarosa

In order to get ready, I'm pulling out all sorts of things and sprucing them up a bit. Today's effort: weathering the heavy bolter...

In addition to the heavy bolter, I'm cleaning up some more weapons in order to build a display rack to hopefully set up at the event:

So it's good to have a deadline to think about again.

Stay tuned. I'll be posting a few more updates soon...

Awesome,

and with the new Dark Angels Codex appearing on pre release tomorrow and released next Saturday, I'd love a suit to turn up in at my local GW.

Top notch work

:O AMAZING!!! SIMPLY AMAZING!!!!!!!!!

Quick question, how strong are the suits ? would they be able to with stand an airsoft skirmish ?
And also how much (if possible) would i be able to buy one from you for ?

Quick question, how strong are the suits ? would they be able to with stand an airsoft skirmish ?
And also how much (if possible) would i be able to buy one from you for ?

The suits are .100" styrene and .040" ABS sheet. They're made to be lightweight, not strong. I would not recommend shooting anything at them and it's almost impossible to run while wearing one of these. This is largely due to the stilts:
Stiltwalking Practice - YouTube

I'm not selling these suits. If I were, you'd be looking at several thousand dollars.

The captain Titus is awesome ! Great work as always .

The suits are .100" styrene and .040" ABS sheet. They're made to be lightweight, not strong. I would not recommend shooting anything at them and it's almost impossible to run while wearing one of these. This is largely due to the stilts:
Stiltwalking Practice - YouTube

I'm not selling these suits. If I were, you'd be looking at several thousand dollars.

Hi!!!
May I see the stilts system,please??
Thanks!

Ah, I see you are familiar with the notorious legal team over at GM. Gosh forbid someone enjoy their hobby without paying money to them for it.

Dean

Hey now, it turned out pretty well for Blizzard :lol

Also, these purity seals crack me up. :thumbsup

Hi!!!
May I see the stilts system,please??
Thanks!

There are already several pictures of the stilts in this thread. Please go back and read from the beginning (or at least look at the pictures from the beginning) before asking questions. You'll find that most of the answers are already there.

There are already several pictures of the stilts in this thread. Please go back and read from the beginning (or at least look at the pictures from the beginning) before asking questions. You'll find that most of the answers are already there.

sorry..
You are rigth... I read the whole tread, but I missed this part... Its hard for me reading all the post of the forum in english( I´m from spain)..
Thanks for your help and congratulations for your awesome work!

I must say you inspired me on making a costume for my brother..
regards!

Congrats Thorssoli on being on the cover and in the issue of MAKE magazine with your space marines and more. You deserve it:)

While I'm very proud of the Titus suit, I've been telling myself I need to do a Dark Angel all tricked out with the extra bling and trimmings. I started by sculpting out some extra coolness for the helmet:

I spent the afternoon fine-tuning the layout for the trim on my new shoulders:

This one's going to be pretty cool:

But I think this will be my new favorite thing:

But then again, I've also started wrok on a new weapon:

It's big:

If it ends up at all like my sketch, I think it'll be a winner:

The plan is to vacform it in clear plastic, chrome it, and have it lit inside so that it will occasionally have flashes of blue light glow through parts of the blade like internal lightning. I'm still working out the circuit for that part.

Stay tuned...

Good God man! I look at this stuff and I'm simultaneously blown away, and thinking in the back of my mind, "I could do this if I had a little more space and time"

It also helps if you don't mind being completely reckless with your money and you don't have anybody nagging you about the other things you ought to be doing at the same time.

UPDATE: the left shoulder for the new suit is nearly done:

The right shoulder still needs a lot of work:

Over the next couple of days we'll be pulling the rest of the pieces to make this suit.

In other news, I'm still making progress on the power sword forms:

Oh, and the combat knife. Did I mention the combat knife?

What material did you use to make the blade forms? Were they CNC'd?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back