V for Vendetta masks: Who's behind them?

In before the lock, just so you know I made a thread not too long ago about the Occupy Wall St. Protests I nearly recieved a Infraction because it was Political.

The Guy Fawkes mask was adopted by Anonymous during "operation chanology" to counteract "fair game".

Google the quoted words for the real story. ;)

The Guy Fawkes mask was adopted by Anonymous during "operation chanology" to counteract "fair game".

Google the quoted words for the real story. ;)

Ironically, the "operation chanology" search gave me the answer about how Alan Moore felt about them using the mask. Thanks. :)

I wonder what Alan Moore thinks of the use of the mask.

I know you already found it, but for those who haven't:

Alan Moore had this to say about the use of the Guy Fawkes motif adopted from his comic V for Vendetta, in an interview with Entertainment Weekly:

“I was also quite heartened the other day when watching the news to see ... that they suddenly flashed to a clip showing all these demonstrators wearing V for Vendetta Guy Fawkes masks. That pleased me. That gave me a warm little glow."

Last edited:
Believe me, given my druthers, I would write quite a bit about the "s" word. Not complimentary I might add. ;)

Last edited:
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back