V for Vendetta - Diana Stanton's Journal

TheNickFox

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So I was watching V for Vendetta for the thousandth time yesterday and suddenly a prop caught my eye that I never really took much stock of before: The red journal left for V by Diana Stanton (AKA Delia Surridge).

I was wondering whether anyone had ever attempted to replicate this particular prop before, or if there were any good behind the scenes shots of it to aid in a build. Maybe something to help try to scale it.

And even if no one has any behind the scenes shots, I would love it if someone could snap some screenshots of it from the Bluray release since I'm languishing in the 20th century still with a DVD player. :p

I'm not sure what I would do about journal entries, I know that I would at least want to include the sections that she narrates for us, but whether I would go the way of Mars/Taz and try to craft every entry, like they did for their Book of Secrets, I just don't know (Though it might be fun).

So, little help?

-Nick

Thanks, Sith Sheriff Brody!

The closest match I've found is a large red journal by a company called Ciak. I'm just not sure if the dimensions are close, hence why good shots are a must.

...And I think I DO want to craft every entry. It could make it into a fun, ongoing project.

-Nick

Wow! Thanks for the quick work. Having something in this resolution is a great asset. I really appreciate it.

What's interesting, is based on the first image in that set, it actually appears that the journal pages are unlined, as you can normally see the ends of the lines form light stripes on the edge of the pages. Hmmmm...

Thanks!

-Nick

That's what I was thinking, it seems that Ciak also makes a sketchbook in the same size as their large journals (8.5" x 6"...which based on rough scaling from the images seems pretty close): Ciak Large Sketchbook, Red

The only thing that's hard to tell from the pictures I'm finding is whether it has the same type of grain on the cover.

But I've found a few of their journals with yellow ribbon bookmarks (Instead of the black which seems to be more common) so I'm thinking it's highly likely that it was one of their journals we saw on screen.

-Nick

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back