Used E. German Officer's boots

Discussion in 'Replica Costumes' started by weaselflinger, Feb 11, 2006.

1. weaselflinger

weaselflinger Sr Member

2. Boba Frett

Boba Frett Sr Member

Finally they have a size 12 :)
    Got mine ordered , thanks for the heads up weaselflinger.

3. DL 44 Blaster

DL 44 Blaster Sr Member

FINALLY...I just ordered my 12 too. Hope these look good on my Han ANH set-up.

Thanks for the heads up :thumbsup :D

Steve

4. ob1al

ob1al Sr Member

Just wish they shipped to the UK. :cry

5. rmschneider104

rmschneider104 Sr Member

Thanks for the update. Just ordered a pair. Very versatile item. Could be used for XWing pilots, TIE Pilots, Imp Officers, Han, Darth, ohter imps...

6. KevVader

KevVader Sr Member

....thank the maker that there was an East German Officer with size 13 flippers. :p

Hopefully, they're in good shape.

Thanks for the heads up Weaselfinger.

7. JHVanOphem

JHVanOphem Well-Known Member

Sorry the pilots wore mid calf boots with a buckle at the top. Its acceptable for a pilot, and a great price, but technically not screen accurate for them.

8. jedivigneri

jedivigneri Well-Known Member

I GOT MINE... I got a size 10 backup for my han costume and a size 13 for my darth mannequin...screen accurate enuff 4 me :) GREAT PRICE :) curt

9. UFO

UFO Sr Member

these dont run big by any chance do they? :(

10. blubeetle3

blubeetle3 Well-Known Member

Ordered my size 11s. Thanks for posting this. Just can't beat that price. :)

11. Rogue187

Rogue187 New Member

How do the sized run?
    Are they true to US sizes or is ther some sort of conversion needed.?

I wear 10.5 so I know the 11's would fit but would I benefit from larger boots?

Larry

12. Lighthammer72

Lighthammer72 New Member

Man, $33 shipped. That's a steal. Thanks for the heads-up.

After marching three miles in stiff Russian boots that were apparently made for goose-stepping , I'd err on the side of caution. :D It's a lot easier to put in an insole and wear two pairs of socks than it is to have the boots stretched. The US sizes on the site have already been converted but they should be pretty close. They'll probably run a little narrow though.

13. KevVader

KevVader Sr Member

Yeah, I wouldn't expect "buttery soft" leather either....I'm going to work in some mink oil or similar stuff to soften these up before wearing...

14. kell

kell Well-Known Member

Yeah, I wouldn't expect "buttery soft" leather either....I'm going to work in some mink oil or similar stuff to soften these up before wearing...
    [snapback]1182447[/snapback]​
    [/quote]

These boots aren't bad at all, I got a brand new pair from an army/navy store in 96 for $5 bucks. The leather is not super hard, they are actually pretty comfy. I use them now for Vader display, the only thing that I don't like about them is they have a peagravel texture to the leather .

Kell

15. Darth Kahnt

Darth Kahnt Sr Member

Just ordered mmy size 12. Thanks for posting, they look like decent boots.

16. Phayze

Phayze Well-Known Member

oooh, these are tempting . . .

I have a pair of pepple-grain russian goose-steppers that are looking pretty good with my Luke ROTJ costume (or the 90% of it that's done as of yesterday, at least), but these would look a lot better.

17. R2B9

R2B9 Well-Known Member

OMG. They actually had my size 12's in stock. ordered, confirmed, PAID FOR.

Don't hesitate, guys and gals... this is a rare opportunity at this price.

18. batninja

batninja Well-Known Member

How accurate are these for Solo boots? Are they tall enough?

19. batninja

...must...read...fine...print... :)

Okay, they're 15 1/2" high, which makes them a little short for Solo boots. But at $25 a pair, that's still a great deal.

20. Jimbo890

Jimbo890 Well-Known Member

21. Brinn 71

Brinn 71 Well-Known Member

Got my size 11's. THANKS for the TIP.

Brinn 71

22. micdavis

micdavis Master Member

Got a notice mine have been shipped. Will report in as soon as they arrive.

23. Treadwell

Treadwell Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

These look a lot like a pair I use for my Imperial Officer costume; they are very comfortable. I may start using them for my X-Wing pilot and Rebel Fleet trooper costumes for that reason--the screen-accurate boots I have for those costumes are hell on da feet.

24. Durasteel Corporation

Durasteel Corporation Well-Known Member

I got a brand new pair of english riding boots at a thrift store....easily 400 bucks...for free.

Makes ya wanna puke eh. I will say that it was one of those SW moments we all hope to have. IF I couldnt find a graflex, a pair of boots will do.

25. Mr. Bojangles

Mr. Bojangles Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Just a friendly reminder.......................

If your calves is bigger than 16", they might not fit you well. :unsure :unsure :unsure

:)

26. DL 44 Blaster

DL 44 Blaster Sr Member

Got my shipping confirmation yesterday. At 16" height it'll be hard to tell just how short they'll be for a Solo costume. Mine are slated for my ANH,so we'll see.

I might be having my "Motorcowboy" boots for sale soon.... :D

Steve

27. weaselflinger

weaselflinger Sr Member

WooHoo. Just got the boots and I ordered them Saturday. They are advertised as "used" but this pair of 13's have never been worn.

The texture of the leather is glossy and smooth unlike the pebbled enlistedmens' boots. They are also fairly comfortable and flexible.

28. rmschneider104

rmschneider104 Sr Member

How do you think they will look for a Solo costume?

29. DL 44 Blaster

DL 44 Blaster Sr Member

I'm planning on using mine for such. It really depends on the individual's height. Fords' were pretty tall,but not much taller than the 16" they are posting. I have two pair of Motorcowboy Solo boots. One is 17 1/2" tall while the other is 16 1/2" tall and they both look "right". I'm 6'1" so I think these boots will do the trick...(fingers crossed). If they come in this week I'll post pics of my costume :)

Steve

30. Docking bay 327

Docking bay 327 New Member

What size are your calves? That seems to be the only possible issue.

DB327

31. hansicle

hansicle Sr Member

I ordered 2 pair, one for me, and one for a possible Vader.. they were supposed to come today, but the outside door was locked, so they just left a notice... here's hoping they come tomorrow.

32. batninja

Of course, they're already out of my size (12).

While searching the Internet, it was hard to find riding boots without laces, buckles, or the outside knee curve. This one comes close:

http://www.saddler.co.uk/acatalog/Just_Tog..._Long_Boot.html

Thoughts? At $145, they're cheaper than MotorCowboy...

33. weaselflinger

weaselflinger Sr Member

My calves are 16 1/4 " and they fit very well. As far as Solo, I don't know enough about the details to give advice about that particular costume. They would work for me if I was doing the costume, but I'm not as picky as some.

34. KevVader

KevVader Sr Member

Can you post a pic? I'm curious as to what they'll look like as I've bought a pair of 13s as well. I also have pretty big calves...I'm wondering how wide the top of the 13 boot is?

35. Darth Kahnt

Darth Kahnt Sr Member

Yes, some pics would be great. I ordered a pair of 12's and would like to see the calves too.

36. DL 44 Blaster

DL 44 Blaster Sr Member

It's really about the inside of the upper edge. On riding boots the inside top edge dips down to account for the horses belly area when riding(I think) while the boots used for Solo and other SW costumes have the top edge stay the same all the way around.

That make sense?? :confused

Steve

37. batninja

Makes perfect sense to me. I've also thought about taking a pair to a shoe cobbler, to see if there was a way to modify the top edge, to make it even all the way around.

But the labor charge for the cobbler would probably make the difference from the MotorCowboy version, so I'll probably just go with those.

A friend of mine in San Antonio says he found a very close match in a rancher's store down there. He's going to check on price and availability and get back to me. I'll post pics when applicable.

Sorry for the thread hijack; we now return you to your regularly scheduled program...

As for the German boots, as soon as my size is available, I'm going to grab a pair of those as well.

38. weaselflinger

weaselflinger Sr Member

Here are a couple quick picks. My wife is outta town and my camera battery just died, so bad pics in a dirty mirror are the best I can do at the moment. For size reference, these are 13's and I'm 6'1" with a 16 1/4" calf.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

39. KevVader

KevVader Sr Member

Wow.....they look great. Can't wait to get mine...thanks for the pix.

Even if they are too narrow for my calves..I'll take them to a cobbler and have a piece of black elastic or similar material sewn in the back of the shaft for expansion. Won't see them under the cape anyways...

40. Boba Frett

Boba Frett Sr Member

I got mine today.

Nice slick leather grain , mine has more squarish toes than pictured.
    The calves are tight , but I am going to use them for Vader backups and cut them down the front and add laces.

The funny thing is one of the boots has a leather sole the other is rubber :p

Overall it's still a great deal for the price , no regrets.

41. rmschneider104

rmschneider104 Sr Member

Thanks for sharing the pics. Great boots, especially for the price. I think they will work just fine for my planned Han display.

42. Darth Kahnt

Darth Kahnt Sr Member

Yes, they look great. Im glad I ordered a pair. Ill post pics of mine when they arrive.

43. WebChief

WebChief Sr Member

I ordered my size 13s a few days ago and they'll be here Friday. One step closer to Vader.

44. DL 44 Blaster

DL 44 Blaster Sr Member

Got mine today.....not sure about them for Solo yet though????

Anyone want to buy my size 12's??

Steve

EDIT: Boots have been sold.

45. Cenobyte

Cenobyte Sr Member

Sucks is that I wear a size 14. :(

46. jedivigneri

jedivigneri Well-Known Member

MINE ARRIVED n THEYRE GREAT.. :) soft leather, the rubber soles will probably go easier on the feet for costuming, but i think my equestrian boots are closer to the real deal...STILL VERY HAPPY for the price. NICE find :)

curt ps can these really be vintage or are the modern repros?

47. R2B9

R2B9 Well-Known Member

received mine yesterday, and amazingly, THEY comfortably FIT MY 17"CALVES. Oh, happy day. I don't have to get them modified or stretched.

:p joy. :p

48. Lighthammer72

Lighthammer72 New Member

Got mine yesterday. As I expected, the calves are too small. Unexpectedly, the soles are leather and the left boot had two metal plates on the bottom. No problem though. I took 'em to the same repair guy that modified my other pair and he couldn't believe how cheap they were. I'm having rubber soles installed and the tops stretched. Should work great for my Vader.

49. WebChief

WebChief Sr Member

Got mine and LOVE them. Great deal for the price.

50. dkwd

dkwd Well-Known Member

Lucky - while the size 10s I ordered years ago fit my feet, they didn't fit my 17" calfs. Certainly not enough to hope to tuck in any kind of a pant leg.

David