Used E. German Officer's boots

These look a lot like a pair I use for my Imperial Officer costume; they are very comfortable. I may start using them for my X-Wing pilot and Rebel Fleet trooper costumes for that reason--the screen-accurate boots I have for those costumes are hell on da feet.

I got a brand new pair of english riding boots at a thrift store....easily 400 bucks...for free.

Makes ya wanna puke eh. I will say that it was one of those SW moments we all hope to have. IF I couldnt find a graflex, a pair of boots will do.

Just a friendly reminder.......................

If your calves is bigger than 16", they might not fit you well. :unsure :unsure :unsure

:)

Got my shipping confirmation yesterday. At 16" height it'll be hard to tell just how short they'll be for a Solo costume. Mine are slated for my ANH,so we'll see.

I might be having my "Motorcowboy" boots for sale soon.... :D

Steve

WooHoo. Just got the boots and I ordered them Saturday. They are advertised as "used" but this pair of 13's have never been worn.

The texture of the leather is glossy and smooth unlike the pebbled enlistedmens' boots. They are also fairly comfortable and flexible.

Originally posted by rmschneider104@Feb 14 2006, 08:12 PM
How do you think they will look for a Solo costume?
[snapback]1184524[/snapback]​

I'm planning on using mine for such. It really depends on the individual's height. Fords' were pretty tall,but not much taller than the 16" they are posting. I have two pair of Motorcowboy Solo boots. One is 17 1/2" tall while the other is 16 1/2" tall and they both look "right". I'm 6'1" so I think these boots will do the trick...(fingers crossed). If they come in this week I'll post pics of my costume :)

Steve

Originally posted by weaselflinger@Feb 14 2006, 10:24 PM
WooHoo. Just got the boots and I ordered them Saturday. They are advertised as "used" but this pair of 13's have never been worn.

The texture of the leather is glossy and smooth unlike the pebbled enlistedmens' boots. They are also fairly comfortable and flexible.
[snapback]1184396[/snapback]​

What size are your calves? That seems to be the only possible issue.

DB327

I ordered 2 pair, one for me, and one for a possible Vader.. they were supposed to come today, but the outside door was locked, so they just left a notice... here's hoping they come tomorrow.

My calves are 16 1/4 " and they fit very well. As far as Solo, I don't know enough about the details to give advice about that particular costume. They would work for me if I was doing the costume, but I'm not as picky as some.

Originally posted by weaselflinger@Feb 14 2006, 05:24 PM

[snapback]1184396[/snapback]​

Can you post a pic? I'm curious as to what they'll look like as I've bought a pair of 13s as well. I also have pretty big calves...I'm wondering how wide the top of the 13 boot is?

Originally posted by batninja@Feb 15 2006, 12:47 AM
Of course, they're already out of my size (12).

While searching the Internet, it was hard to find riding boots without laces, buckles, or the outside knee curve.  This one comes close:

http://www.saddler.co.uk/acatalog/Just_Tog..._Long_Boot.html

Thoughts?  At $145, they're cheaper than MotorCowboy...
[snapback]1184773[/snapback]​

It's really about the inside of the upper edge. On riding boots the inside top edge dips down to account for the horses belly area when riding(I think) while the boots used for Solo and other SW costumes have the top edge stay the same all the way around.

That make sense?? :confused

Steve

Makes perfect sense to me. I've also thought about taking a pair to a shoe cobbler, to see if there was a way to modify the top edge, to make it even all the way around.

But the labor charge for the cobbler would probably make the difference from the MotorCowboy version, so I'll probably just go with those.

A friend of mine in San Antonio says he found a very close match in a rancher's store down there. He's going to check on price and availability and get back to me. I'll post pics when applicable.

Sorry for the thread hijack; we now return you to your regularly scheduled program...

As for the German boots, as soon as my size is available, I'm going to grab a pair of those as well.

Here are a couple quick picks. My wife is outta town and my camera battery just died, so bad pics in a dirty mirror are the best I can do at the moment. For size reference, these are 13's and I'm 6'1" with a 16 1/4" calf.

germanboot.jpg

germanboot2.jpg

Wow.....they look great. Can't wait to get mine...thanks for the pix.

Even if they are too narrow for my calves..I'll take them to a cobbler and have a piece of black elastic or similar material sewn in the back of the shaft for expansion. Won't see them under the cape anyways...

I got mine today.

Nice slick leather grain , mine has more squarish toes than pictured.
The calves are tight , but I am going to use them for Vader backups and cut them down the front and add laces.

The funny thing is one of the boots has a leather sole the other is rubber :p

Overall it's still a great deal for the price , no regrets.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back