Used E. German Officer's boots

....thank the maker that there was an East German Officer with size 13 flippers. :p

Hopefully, they're in good shape.

Thanks for the heads up Weaselfinger.

Originally posted by rmschneider104@Feb 11 2006, 04:48 PM
Thanks for the update.  Just ordered a pair.  Very versatile item.  Could be used for XWing pilots, TIE Pilots, Imp Officers, Han, Darth, ohter imps...
[snapback]1181961[/snapback]​

Sorry the pilots wore mid calf boots with a buckle at the top. Its acceptable for a pilot, and a great price, but technically not screen accurate for them.

I GOT MINE... I got a size 10 backup for my han costume and a size 13 for my darth mannequin...screen accurate enuff 4 me :) GREAT PRICE :) curt

Originally posted by JHVanOphem+Feb 12 2006, 12:20 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JHVanOphem @ Feb 12 2006, 12:20 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-rmschneider104
@Feb 11 2006, 04:48 PM
Thanks for the update.  Just ordered a pair.  Very versatile item.  Could be used for XWing pilots, TIE Pilots, Imp Officers, Han, Darth, ohter imps...
[snapback]1181961[/snapback]​

Sorry the pilots wore mid calf boots with a buckle at the top. Its acceptable for a pilot, and a great price, but technically not screen accurate for them.
[snapback]1182067[/snapback]​
[/b]

How do the sized run?
Are they true to US sizes or is ther some sort of conversion needed.?

I wear 10.5 so I know the 11's would fit but would I benefit from larger boots?

Larry

Man, $33 shipped. That's a steal. Thanks for the heads-up.

How do the sized run?

After marching three miles in stiff Russian boots that were apparently made for goose-stepping , I'd err on the side of caution. :D It's a lot easier to put in an insole and wear two pairs of socks than it is to have the boots stretched. The US sizes on the site have already been converted but they should be pretty close. They'll probably run a little narrow though.

Originally posted by Lighthammer72@Feb 12 2006, 01:52 AM
Man, $33 shipped.  That's a steal.  Thanks for the heads-up.

How do the sized run?

After marching three miles in stiff Russian boots that were apparently made for goose-stepping , I'd err on the side of caution. :D It's a lot easier to put in an insole and wear two pairs of socks than it is to have the boots stretched. The US sizes on the site have already been converted but they should be pretty close. They'll probably run a little narrow though.
[snapback]1182250[/snapback]​

Yeah, I wouldn't expect "buttery soft" leather either....I'm going to work in some mink oil or similar stuff to soften these up before wearing...

Yeah, I wouldn't expect "buttery soft" leather either....I'm going to work in some mink oil or similar stuff to soften these up before wearing...
[snapback]1182447[/snapback]​
[/quote]

These boots aren't bad at all, I got a brand new pair from an army/navy store in 96 for $5 bucks. The leather is not super hard, they are actually pretty comfy. I use them now for Vader display, the only thing that I don't like about them is they have a peagravel texture to the leather .

Kell

oooh, these are tempting . . .

I have a pair of pepple-grain russian goose-steppers that are looking pretty good with my Luke ROTJ costume (or the 90% of it that's done as of yesterday, at least), but these would look a lot better.

Originally posted by Phayze@Feb 13 2006, 03:18 PM
oooh, these are tempting . . .

OMG. They actually had my size 12's in stock. ordered, confirmed, PAID FOR.

Don't hesitate, guys and gals... this is a rare opportunity at this price.

...must...read...fine...print... :)

Okay, they're 15 1/2" high, which makes them a little short for Solo boots. But at $25 a pair, that's still a great deal.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back