Upgrading MPC/ertl Return Jedi Millennium Falcon kit

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

mslz22

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I know it may sound wimpy, but cutting the jawbox is the dealbreaker for me, it's more realistic, I know if i cut those it will likely not ever get done, just because i have so many other projects.

If i toe in the mandibles, it will only be to the extent that the jawbox will tolerate, so it will be a compromise.

Useful but will it work for the 1/72? Plastic is thicker surely...also is it 100% necessary to modify the jawbox, because that's the bit i'm most afraid of

Archive&Future

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'm mainly concerned about ruining the detailing by chopping it up. And it would have to be spot on to boot....on both top and underside jawboxes. Still, it's probably harder in theory and i guess i'll just have to give it a shot eventually

Archive&Future

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I eventually discovered that if you do the most of the cutting on the inside of the kit...most of the surface details on the outside won't be disturbed

J

Aha good advice, what do you use for cutting? I use a hacksaw, scalpel and chisel but I think a razor saw would be better suited

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.