Upgrading MPC/ertl Return Jedi Millennium Falcon kit

I know it may sound wimpy, but cutting the jawbox is the dealbreaker for me, it's more realistic, I know if i cut those it will likely not ever get done, just because i have so many other projects.

If i toe in the mandibles, it will only be to the extent that the jawbox will tolerate, so it will be a compromise.

Useful but will it work for the 1/72? Plastic is thicker surely...also is it 100% necessary to modify the jawbox, because that's the bit i'm most afraid of

I'm mainly concerned about ruining the detailing by chopping it up. And it would have to be spot on to boot....on both top and underside jawboxes. Still, it's probably harder in theory and i guess i'll just have to give it a shot eventually

I eventually discovered that if you do the most of the cutting on the inside of the kit...most of the surface details on the outside won't be disturbed

J

Aha good advice, what do you use for cutting? I use a hacksaw, scalpel and chisel but I think a razor saw would be better suited

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back