UPDATED! My first Predator mask!

KalleKatten

Hi all! I recieved my Bambooie dreads and P2 beads today. (Thanks again Joe!)
So I thought I'd show you my first Pred!

So, here it is. I call it "Retardator" because it's my first mask I've ever done in my entire life, what so ever, and it looks kinda retarded :D
No but I'm not 100% happy with it. It doesn't look nearly as good as most of the masks I've seen here but hey, it's my first mask, I must be atleast a little pleased with how it turned out

Note to self: Still learning!

The sculpt:
Actually, I've never sculpted anything before (Other than playdo in pre-school LOL) so I'm surprised that I at least came up with this :cry:

pred5.jpg.png

And the almost finished mask:

I tried to do my own version of Grusderks jaw system, but alot safer and durable. It worked nicely without the latex mask over it, but not at all when I put it inside the latex mask. Atleast it holds the mandibles together!
And yeah, the teeth. Um, they kinda came of, so I'll be fixing it tomorrow :D

Ignore my brother in the background, he's an alien! Haha.

The paint-up is not very good either but my next mask will look alot better :eek:

Tell me what you think :D

SO! I've painted the beads (not done with the bone beads) and put them in place. Just wanted to show you guys :eek:

Soon I'll be starting my first body suit. As Arnold said; stick around :D

Thanks!
KalleKatten

pred1.jpg.png

Last edited by a moderator:
For being your first mask and sculpture ever, it is actually a pretty good one. And the paintjob too. :cry:

Du kan bara bli bättre härifrån! Så öva, öva, öva!

Wow your mask turned out great! And you said its your first time which makes it more impressive and inspiring.

Keep it up, hope to see the mask with the whole suit and armor soon. ;)

Wow your mask turned out great! And you said its your first time which makes it more impressive and inspiring.

Keep it up, hope to see the mask with the whole suit and armor soon. :D
Thanks alot! I'm impressed by it too, didn't think I could pull it off that good for a first time!
At first I kinda dissliked 'cause it didn't look that accurate, but all you guys are so supportive and nice so now I'm really pleased with the result! ;) can't wait to start on the suit and armor :D

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back