Announcement Updated Header

Since everyone is liking it, i feel it's my duty to complain! :lol

It sucks, blablabla, my eyes hurt, blablabla, Arttouchesmeatnightomghelpme, blablabla, this is SO confusing, blablabla, wheresmymultilayoutoptionseriouslysickofaskingomg, blablabla, check out my iron man costume new thread epic build.

But on a serious note, thank you and keep up the great work everyone! GO The RPF! :)

Darn it! You ruined an almost completely unique experience for us! I was just telling Star Wars Chick last night that this is the first change I can remember making where NO ONE complained! :lol

Yep. Started off as a graphic designer, moved to web design. Did that at University of Michigan for years, then got into UX. Now I'm doing instructional design. I'm just a design maniac. :)

I haven't yet looked from my tablets, I've been using taptalk for that, but will check it out on there as well once I get a chance to delve into it.

Perhaps you and I should chat more! We have had our feelers out for a UX/UI pro.

In regard to Tapatalk... ugh... I want to get us off of that SOOOOO bad. The problem? No better solution has presented itself. :( While we are a bit behind the ball, if we can get a few of these projects off our books by the end of the year, 2014 will have a large focus on mobile.

I think the over-the-banner search box works in this case. It's a somewhat common placement for layouts such as this and keeping it there instead of, say, in the bar to the left of the social media links works out well. It keeps it from being too crowded through there, utilizes space already left empty and doesn't interfere with the click-the-logo-to-go-home functionality.

Now that around a week has gone by, so I'm sure its not a glitch :lol, I love the way the rotating banners / header doesn't change every single time you go to a new page :thumbsup

It was visually quite 'confusing' to see a different header with every page visited. Never realised it till the change 'pointed' it out by default.

It all seems so much 'smoother' now.

And I've seen the Dredd banner on the regular forums as well so it's in the rotation. :)
All of the banners are in the "main" rotation. I was just pointing out that you can see all of the Dredd banners easily by going to the Dredd forum (as with any of the franchise forums).

I must say I doo like the new look, but have to admit, it took me 2 days to find the Search function at the top of the page.:facepalm

For some reason I'm getting a double Indy and Henry banner when it pops up, one on top of the other. This is the only banner that does this.

I haven't noticed on anything except my phone, Blackberry OS 7.1 I believe. Since I'm probably the only person who visits the site from a BB, probably doesn't matter, lol.

I assume you are using whatever the standard BB browser is to view it? (Been so long, I don't even remember what their standard is...)

Yea, I know I haven't changed it. It's just my work phone.

TBH, I really don't even care, I just found it odd a single header was doing that.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back